Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USC's Todd Orlando Expected to Become Next FAU DC

USC's Todd Orlando Expected to Become Next FAU DC
Back to the top

Hmmmm…USC was a dumpster fire this year so it's hard to judge. Just going to hope he's as good as Kentucky's LB coach
Back to the top

owlmart said

Hmmmm…USC was a dumpster fire this year so it's hard to judge. Just going to hope he's as good as Kentucky's LB coach
Posted On: Jan 8th 2022, 7:49 PM #406203

Todd Orlando is better than Jim Leavitt?
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlmart said

Posted On: Jan 8th 2022, 9:19 PM #406217

I don't think he's better than Leavitt at all.  He's a taggart type hire though.   Saw he was DC at Texas and USC so Willie said why not ?   He's ignoring how Orlando had plenty of bad moments at both places.  I'll hope for the best but Orlando is a name who is failing downward. Maybe taggart wanted the defensive version of himself
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlmart said

You are assuming Leavitt was an option.  He may not have wanted to come back.  He’s 65 and I believe he has younger kids living in another state.  Todd Orlando is a fine hire.  

Unless Taggart turns this around and wins 7+ games this year, I don’t see him being brought back for the move to the AAC anyway.  So it’s not the easiest position to be in when it comes to making coaching hires. I’m hoping Willie gets this right, but if not, who he hired this year won’t matter much. 
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

voss749 said

owlmart said

I don't think he's better than Leavitt at all.  He's a taggart type hire though.   Saw he was DC at Texas and USC so Willie said why not ?   He's ignoring how Orlando had plenty of bad moments at both places.  I'll hope for the best but Orlando is a name who is failing downward. Maybe taggart wanted the defensive version of himself
Posted On: Jan 9th 2022, 12:24 AM #406222

Nailed it....
Back to the top

voss749 said

…Jim Leavitt?

He wasn't in the mix.

Back to the top

Historically he has been pretty good, we shall see
Back to the top

usc 89th def 408.9 ypg

fau 90th def 409.2 ypg