Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Spring Game Visitors List

Add topic

Coconut Creek 2016 WR Binjimen Victor, center, was on hand.

FAU is expecting to host a large contingent of recruits Saturday for the RedBlue Spring Game at FAU Stadium, and that list of visitors will most likely include 5-star running back Jordan Scarlett, if everything goes as planned. Scarlett, who committed to FAU in December over 50+ other offers, will be on hand along with his cousin Rodrick Archer and other teammates. Brandon Boyce, a Duke commit, will be making the trip to Boca Raton as well. Boyce has already visited FAU this spring on numerous occasions.

Expected:

RB Jordan Scarlertt (FAU commit) – at track meet at UF.
DB Deonta Fair (FAU commit) – at USF.
DT Brandon Boyce (Duke commit)
LB Chris Hart (Illinois, Kentucky Cinncy offers)
DE Luke Ancrum (Wisconsin, FAU, Ga. Southern offers)

QB Blake Dever

Confirmed:

ATH Rodrick Archer (FAU commit)
ATH Ryan Davis (FSU, Arizona, Ole Miss, Miami offers)
DB Rashard Causey (Miami, Notre Dame, UCLA offers)
QB Daniel Parr (FAU, Marshall, Akron offers)
WR Korron Rozier (Temple, Ohio)
QB Sage Attwood(Wake Forest, Navy, FIU offers)
LB Jordan Griffin (BC, Cinncy, Utah, FAU offers)
QB Andrew Freeman
DB Malik Henderson
OL Tyrell Reed (Rutgers, USF, Cinncy offers)
DB Sekendric Biddines
QB Adam Sinclair
RB Jawanza Evans-Morris (Temple offer)
OL Richard Williams
LB Theo Nelson
DB Bryce Walker
OL Grant Polk - Tackle visited on Friday with his father and was offered by the staff on the spot. He's one of FAU's top targets at the position.
ATH Mehdi El Attrach (Duke, South Alabama, FIU offers)
ATH Ladante Harris (Duke, FAU, Marshall offers)
CB Tevaul Brown
QB Justin Karlsen
QB Jake Bofshever
DB Karon Jackson  
RB Tommy Monday
ATH Mario Knowles
WR Reggie Campbell
WR Malik Langham
RB Marcus St. Louis
OL Mark Maynes

WR Binjimen Victor (Miami, West Virginia)
CB Malek Young - (Kentucky, UCF, West Virginia offers)
WR Calvin Jackson (Akron offer)
OL Parker Boudreaux (Marshall offer)
TE Chris Ellington

Note: This list is subject to change, and not official.
Back to the top

Scarlett would be such a HUGE program changer for us. I hope he sticks, but man he has got every program in the world calling him.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Whatever FAU is doing to keep him committed, I hope it's enough. It's a good sign that he keeps coming out to all of these events.

Back to the top

I hope that the leg work Coach P is doing to try and get the students excited about football translates into a large student turn out on Saturday. That would help get some of these young recruits thinking positively about FAU.
Back to the top

ATH Ryan Davis (FSU, Arizona, Ole Miss, Miami offers) has been added to the list.
Back to the top

3-star QB Sage Attwood(Wake Forest, Navy, FIU offers) will be there.
Back to the top

Andrew, what do you think the ripple effect would be if a 4 or 5 star player actually did ink with us on Signing Day?

For instance, if FAU lands Scarlett, do we get seen in a more favorable light by the media like we've turned the corner

or

does Scarlett get seen in a more negative light for making an unpopular decision?
Back to the top

Scarlett says he is visiting UF currently, will he be back for Saturdays spring game then?
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Andrew, what do you think the ripple effect would be if a 4 or 5 star player actually did ink with us on Signing Day?

For instance, if FAU lands Scarlett, do we get seen in a more favorable light by the media like we've turned the corner

or

does Scarlett get seen in a more negative light for making an unpopular decision?
Posted On: Apr 4th 2014, 12:20 AM #330554

I think the whole Scarlett situation just shows the nature of what recruiting has become. Every time someone interviews Scarlett, the first question he gets, has to do with a potential decommitment from FAU. Trust me, I have seen this first hand. Is that fair? Probably not. But no one is doing FAU favors in that regard.

He's dropped 20 + places in the 247 rankings since he committed to FAU in December, and I expect him to keep dropping, unless he opens things back up.

But in terms of a ripple effect, I think it only helps get more talented players on campus.

Roger Harriott, Jared Allen, Charlie Partridge, Roc Bellantoni and everyone else are doing a great job.
Back to the top

Goes to show you how the rankings are so non-scientific. The same kid, with the same talent level and skills , dropping because of something so meaningless. I said it before, Kids no long need big name universities behind them to get pro attention. A RB from FAU has as good a chance as a RB from Alabama. The pro GM's don't care.
Back to the top
Control functions: