Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Booker T. Washington LB James King Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

James King
LB
6-2, 200
Booker T. Washington
Miami, FL

James King - Hudl

Back to the top

Nice, looks like we beat out UCF and Utah
Back to the top

owlmart said

Nice, looks like we beat out UCF and Utah
Posted On: Jun 12th 2014, 6:13 PM #331952

You forgot one:

F-I-U.

:drink:
Back to the top

Welcome to FAU James! Guess you get listed lots of places as King, James - sounds good to me!
Back to the top

King visited Arkansas this weekend, but says that he is still weighing his options.

Would keep an eye on him though…
Back to the top

How many people have we lost vs how many do we usually lose?

I don't remember this many decommits last year, for instance, but I could be wrong.
Back to the top

This is a first for FAU for this type of activity on the level in which it is occurring. We landed a whole bunch of really good guys early, and now things are shaking out.

Bitter sweet.

Good that it is happening because it shows the talent level of our recruits, but bad in the fact that we don't have an answer for it.
Back to the top

Rick said

This is a first for FAU for this type of activity on the level in which it is occurring. We landed a whole bunch of really good guys early, and now things are shaking out.

Bitter sweet.

Good that it is happening because it shows the talent level of our recruits, but bad in the fact that we don't have an answer for it.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 11:06 PM #341182

We have never had early commits until this year.  We have answered every loss so far.  King has a lot of reasons to go to FAU…lets see what happens.

The only issue I have is…again, Harriott lost EVERY single player he had a relationship with.  That is brutal.  Vandy offering him a job doens't make too much sense now…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

This is the recruiting game, kids flip all of the time.

To add to what Walty said, we used to have, literally, 3 kids committed right now in previous recruiting cycles, THREE! Signing day was exciting because we were hearing names we'd never heard before. Different problems now, we've had kids committed since June. How many high school kids do you know that date the same person for 8+ months? That's an eternity to be committed to anything at that age.
Back to the top

NCAA probaly going to begin an early signing period in football beginning next class. THAT will help smaller program like FAU and the rest of the Group of 5 keep quality kid's in house and stop all this late season slipping in and stealing crap just to fill out their 25-35 slots with as many 3*'s as they can, irregardless of if they REALLY think they can play for them…Recruits should think, where was this attention from the BigBoys the past year or two?!

I feel like ANY recruit who has made a verbal pledge should be left alone untill he PUBLICALLY decommits and reopens his recruitment to nanyone on the open market. But that would be the mature and businesslike way.
Back to the top
Control functions: