Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Decommit has FAU stopping by today..

Add topic

Troy McCollum

Troy McCollum

2 Fast ?@Speed2Kill
FAU Is Suppose To Be Stopping By Today

2 Fast ?@Speed2Kill
Decommitting from #FIU Later

2 Fast ?@Speed2Kill
@GirlThatsGUDIE FIU coach got fire

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: FIU Decommit has FAU stopping by today..

FIU Decommit has FAU stopping by today..

This might be just the beginning for FIU. I doubt the other coaches will make much effort to keep the recruits committed knowing they are probably out of a job soon. They are probably working on their resumes.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I would be disappointed if we didn't take advantage of FIU's situation. We can't sway a three star from UF, FSU , or Miami, but we can from FIU . Especially with what they have going on. I know someone wrote that if FAU hadn't been targeting an athlete, then we wouldn't take a look at them.  But, lets not be stupid. Take advantage ! This has the potential to be a huge year for FAU if we act fast.If we added this DB to our roster next year, we would be set at DB for the next four years at that position. Burton is available next year and this addition would just be icing on the cake. Their OL commits are strong too.  Two, three stars that don't know who their next coach will be. Don't be stupid !
Back to the top

I think the fact that we are visiting this guy is a pretty good indication that we are taking advantage of the FIU situation...
Back to the top

Holy muffins. Just watched his highlight video (just youtube his name) & he sticks on his man like white on rice. Not to mention the size he has!!!

We need him.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

In most cases, a firing is expected or at least foreshadowed by what occurs on the field leading up to that moment. On Wednesday, when news broke that FIU had parted ways with head coach Mario Cristobal, many were shocked, including a number of current commitments to the Golden Panthers.

“I’m very shocked,” Miami (Fla.) North three-star cornerback Troy McCollum said. “I’m speechless.”

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound defensive back has been committed to FIU since August. Now, he is considering opening things back up.

“I honestly would say yeah,” McCollum said when asked if he was going to open things up. “Coach Cristobal is a good coach in every aspect. To see him go is shocking.”

McCollum says he will consider other schools, mentioning specifically that Indiana is in the thick of it for his services.

He is far from the only one surprised.

FIU commitments react to firing

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Sounds like the visit went well.

2 Fast ?@Speed2Kill

Fau Owls Back on the recruiting board with me

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Sounds like the visit went well.

2 Fast ?@Speed2Kill

Fau Owls Back on the recruiting board with me

Awesome! This would be a big addition for us.

Thanks for keeping tabs and posting about this!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Just got in contact with Troy…

Coach Dixon was the one who stopped by, and that's a good thing. Lot's of prospects talk about how much they like and get along with him.

Still waiting to hear more.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Awesome! This would be a big addition for us.

Thanks for keeping tabs and posting about this!

I'm on vacation this week and had lots of time especially today. I cant take the credit for hearing about it. Follow @CNee247

I saw his post that he was decommitting from FIU and then followed his tweets today.

Back to the top
Control functions: