Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is this the "Best" recruiting class in FAU history?

Add topic

2013 Conference USA Football Recruiting Team Rankings

I think Coach Pelini has quietly had the best recrutiing class ever.

So right now FAU is ranked 10th in CUSA, with players not yet ranked or graded. 6 of the teams above us are leaving CUSA for the Big East, (Possibly 7 if the Tulsa rumors are true) this would put us in 3rd place in CUSA.

If we were still under the SunBelt we would have the number 1 class.

Heady stuff.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Is this the "Best" recruiting class in FAU history?

the rankings don't matter. sorry to burst your bubble
Back to the top

While I tend to agree and hence why I put the 'Best" iin parenteses, many people do consider rankings important.

For years we bitched and moaned that our classes were in the bottom every year, and we prided our staff on finding the "diamonds"

Im just surprised that now that we have a pretty highly rated class that people werent noticing.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think the question is if this is the best class ever regardless we win/lose.
Weren't we ranked 2nd behind South Alabama? when we were always in the last place?
I strongly believe it's a big improvement and hopefully the effort will translate into more wins.
Back to the top

I get what Owl Family is saying. For we don't always want to judge players by the star rating, but the rankings do show an "overall" improvement from years past.

Now the question is how many Pelini will use right away and how he can coach them up to be the best they can be.
Back to the top

On paper this will probably be our best class…in reality last year's class will have a better chance of success because of the lack of depth and being the first class recruited by a new coach to fit his system…
Back to the top

lets just judge the class once they make it onto the field
Back to the top

Is this the "Best" recruiting class in FAU history?

I just hope all of the recruits have their grades in order. seems like EVERY year some dont make it to campus due to bad grades
Back to the top

DumpTruck said

I just hope all of the recruits have their grades in order. seems like EVERY year some dont make it to campus due to bad grades
This happens at every school and will happen to us again this year…just nature of the beast
Back to the top

DumpTruck said

lets just judge the class once they make it onto the field

That could be done, and probably should, but it's way more difficult. We'd have to track every recruit and wait until they got playing time, then give them some time for "adjusting to the college game", if they ever do, and then compile that altogether vs the previous classes… think about it.

Unless you mean to look at how many people come in and contribute right away, playing as true freshman, but even that's complicated because that depends largely on depth at their position, grades, injuries, etc.

So the easiest way is obviously the star system. You may not like it, and plenty of other people may not like it, but it's the least complicated way of immediately judging the "quality" of a given class.
Back to the top
Control functions: