Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

More Low to No Star Offers for the Owls...

Add topic

Just checking out Rivals.com, who has been pouring out the news (mostly via Chris Nee) on offers from FAU the last two days…

Looks like there are quite of few who are 2 or less "stars" of the 41 or so they list (14).

Here are just a few form the last couple days…

Freedom Whitfield - No Stars

Freddie Davey - 2 Stars

Dalvin Battle - 2 Stars

Figured I would throw that out there to chew on, since we now have a new head man, but the phillosophy seems to be partially the same:

Find guys who are "diamonds in the rough".
Back to the top

Re: More Low to No Star Offers for the Owls...

More Low to No Star Offers for the Owls...

And don't sign them from out-of-state, that will cost too much! Coach had better keep in touch with our huge verbal list (all 5 of 'em) or we lose them too! This has not been an exciting nor encouraging start. More of the same with a better attitude "might" get us back to 4-8!

I know I am not a collegiate football coach but I am smart. And looking at the verbal commits at especially the BigSix programs, most have already reached or are very close to their limits and there are still tons of GOOD uncommitted players out there we should be going after. Write letters and make phone calls and see what happens. WE gotta do better tahn zero to two stars commits, I don't care if Saban or Meyer were the coach!

The new stadium, the new Coach, a beautiful campus, South Florida living……………………………

Ask and ye shall receive…

The squeeky wheel gets the grease…

Bottom line - IF YA DON"T ASK YA DON'T….

Coach NEEDS A STAFF YESTERDAY as they say, c'mon FAU get with the PROGRAM before we don't have one!!
Back to the top

Recruit the right QB and everything else will fall into place.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Coach NEEDS A STAFF YESTERDAY as they say, c'mon FAU get with the PROGRAM before we don't have one!!

I agree, he should have gotten like fifteen 4-star guys to commit by now. Pelini must be spending too much time at the beach correcting the farmer's tan he got in Nebraska.
Back to the top

I know Coach P. is working hard, he just can't be eveyplace at once, and right now we need a solid recruiting class to begin to rebuild,
Back to the top

The players with no stars means they havent been evaluated yet. Watched alot of the players we offered to on youtube and trust me there solid players
Back to the top

Rick said

Just checking out Rivals.com, who has been pouring out the news (mostly via Chris Nee) on offers from FAU the last two days…

Looks like there are quite of few who are 2 or less "stars" of the 41 or so they list (14).

Here are just a few form the last couple days…

Freedom Whitfield - No Stars

Freddie Davey - 2 Stars

Dalvin Battle - 2 Stars

Figured I would throw that out there to chew on, since we now have a new head man, but the phillosophy seems to be partially the same:

Find guys who are "diamonds in the rough".
And if it continues we will be at the bottom belt.
You have to give him a pass his first year no staff limited time but talent has to increase around here.
I doubt Pelini has the same Philosophy as our old staff  ::)
Back to the top

owlmedic said

The players with no stars means they havent been evaluated yet. Watched alot of the players we offered to on youtube and trust me there solid players
 Everyones 2 min highlight tape looks good.
Back to the top

Stars are good indicators when we don't have any other info, but I know several 3-4 star recruits from up in North FL (I help out as team doc) and there are a few who whine/complain and don't work hard at all.  So I'm not sure how thorough rivals is.
All that being said I'm sure as we're patient everything should start to look better with our recruiting.
Back to the top

I assure you Pelini is not spending his nights on Rivals stressing about the lack of stars of his class so far.

The reason why I think Pelini will be an excellent recruiter is the same reason some people bashed him when he arrived. His tenure as a HS coach in his early career. There is no better "insider" on a kids work ethic and talent potential than the guy that's been coaching him for 2/3 years. Carl can get on the level with these guys, he's been there and I'm positive the offers he's making are on kids he's getting good reviews of.

Any of you super fans remember deandre rice? Best shooting guard FAU has ever had? Doherty got a phone call from a coach friend of his to say, no one has seen him but hes special, very special, and Doh took him sight unseen. It worked out very well. When you have those relationships is when you land some great kids, I think Carl will get us there very soon.
Back to the top
Control functions: