Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New JUCO Offer

Add topic

Saddleback C.C. (Mission Viejo, Ca.) offensive lineman Taylor Evans was offered by FAU on Sunday.

The 6-foot-4, 285-pound lineman can play multiple positions along the line and is expected to graduate in December. He has also been offered by Georgia State and is hearing from the likes of Idaho and New Mexico.

Evans explained in a message that his biggest concern with FAU is the "uncertainty with the coaching staff."

His highlights can be seen here.

Back to the top

IM actually stuneed that FAU is still recruting to be honest with the Lame duck status of the coaching staff.

Deiter thought that FAU had "halted" recruiting temporarily with the events.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Simple answer if they intend to hire a coach that uses the same style of offense then continuing to recruit makes sense. 
Back to the top

FAU must continue to recruit, what if Wright is seleted as the coach? Recruit the best you can for FAU, gain knowledge of whats out there in case you are released. Hopefully this staff reamins in tact with only few additions.
Back to the top

One of the duties for an assistant coach is to recruit. If the coaches are trying to land a job on the next staff, it helps if they continued to recruit.

Back to the top

Andrew said

One of the duties for an assistant coach is to recruit. If the coaches are trying to land a job on the next staff, it helps if they continued to recruit.

Posted On: Nov 13th 2013, 1:01 PM #321403

+1 and we need a few more big lineman.
Back to the top

I imagine if you are out recruiting, you are making contacts.  Networking is important for coaches.  

Plus, if Wright and these coaches want to stay here (and I'm sure that they'd love to make their current interim jobs permanent), besides winning, they need to show they can run the program…and recruiting, obviously, is a major part of that.
Back to the top
Control functions: