Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oak Ridge DB Chris Tooley Commits to #FAUSuper16

Add topic

Oak Ridge DB Chris Tooley Commits to FAU Football

Chris Tooley
DB
6-0, 185
Oak Ridge High School
Orlando, FL

Chose the Owls over fellow C-USA members MTSU and FIU, Toledo, Ohio, and Louisville - where he visited last. Received his FAU offer on December 2, 2015. Member of Third Team All-State Defensive squad at Oak Ridge High School where he played basketball prior. Saw his recruiting action uptick dramatically after summer sessions that showcased his ability. Rated a 3* prospect by Scout.com, and 2* by 247 and Rivals.

Video Highlights: Chris Tooley - Hudl
Back to the top

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a ton of DB's. I guess that's a good thing. Many times there are five on the field at once and there are always injuries. FAU is DB U.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a ton of DB's. I guess that's a good thing. Many times there are five on the field at once and there are always injuries. FAU is DB U.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2016, 6:09 PM #354224

Yea, I think we're a bit saturated at that position. DB is a position we have thoroughly recruited at in the past 2 years.  I just want to see us develop the other guys and let them see the field. I would hate to see them transfer due to lack of playing time. At the end of the day, I'm sure everyone will get to compete for the job.

Welcome to FAU Tooley!
Back to the top

Saw this while scraping google news

Louisville football recruiting | Oak Ridge cornerback Chris Toolely commits to FAU after Louisville visit, didn't have offer from the Cardinals

"Orlando, Fla., cornerback Chris Tooley committed to Florida Atlantic on Sunday, not long after completing an official visit to Louisville.

Tooley said early last week that he was favoring the Cardinals, but he said on Sunday after his pledge to FAU that he was told over the weekend that he didn't have an offer to commit to Louisville, and his mother advised him to go where he felt the most wanted."

I have to say Charlie has a way of wooing the parents.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a ton of DB's.

Definitely does. But as someone pointed out, we need DBs for spread coverage.

And with our recent streaks of DBs going to the NFL, it's probably pretty easy to recruit good DBs here.

Back to the top
Control functions: