Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATE: 2020 Grayshirts, 2021 Transfers, & 2021 Early Enrollees

Add topic

Small update on the mid-year freshmen and transfers.

Everyone expected to make it to campus in January has arrived.

This includes:

2020 Gray Shirts

DB Peter Warrick, Jr.

DB Jaden Wheeler

WR Kobe Stewart

2021 Transfers

QB Michael Johnson Jr.

LB Keyshawn Greene

2021 Early Enrollees

LB/DE Julius Barfield

TE Jacob Pasley

WR Jahmal Endrine

OLB Justice Cross

DL Jacob Merrifield

RB Zuberi Mobley

Back to the top

As a non expert, I looked at next season's possible roster and did a non scientific evaluation. On offense we are stacked at running back. If we sign a couple of the committed wide receivers, stacked. O line needs some depth.  But hopefully we can improve. Tight end should be a big enough threat to make it work. The QB  must improve. On defense the line was surprise last season. DE should be better. LB  will be strong. The only area of concern is our db's. But the coaches already are working on that. Over all, this team looks pretty good.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

As a non expert, I looked at next season's possible roster and did a non scientific evaluation. On offense we are stacked at running back. If we sign a couple of the committed wide receivers, stacked. O line needs some depth.  But hopefully we can improve. Tight end should be a big enough threat to make it work. The QB  must improve. On defense the line was surprise last season. DE should be better. LB  will be strong. The only area of concern is our db's. But the coaches already are working on that. Over all, this team looks pretty good.
Posted On: Jan 13th 2021, 8:15 AM #399941

I would not say we are "stacked'' at back. On paper, it sure looks that way, but there is just too much history of Davison and McCammon being out to trust them. It is why they have brought in a transfer.

I will bet our online will be the best in the conference next year.

We return four starters possibly five if Desmond Noel returns for another year.

FAU has numerous young backups who played this year like, Deshawn Richardson, Adarius Toliver, and Devin Hays.

Sebastien Dolcine, who was a highly rated JUCO signee, was ineligible last year due to a transcript snafu.

The defense should be elite.

Back to the top

When I think of transfers, or a need for such-and-such transfer, I try'n group them into two types: talented upperclassmen with in-game experience; and talented underclassmen with whom there is time to tinker. Regarding the latter, I'd say, take the best piece on the board. The former though, in which order (under assumption of limited cap space) should we look? If I had to order need (where, a lineman and a skill player are hanging off a cliff, no, that doesn't work, I'd save the skill player, I'm not superman, and he'd easily be a hundred pounds lighter…), is it far from off to say, QB, DB, TE and OL (I hear you saying we have young talent and experience there; but specifically, center; where, if I remember correctly, we have limited game experience, in-depth; considering the FSU starter is in the portal, along with a two-way player from Miss State [where we, is this right? now have a connection?], do we try'n grab'm?).

Your point on paper-players is spot-on. There's a difference between a thing in theory and a thing in practice. And a thing in practice, is our finishing the season with the fourth and fifth string running backs.
Back to the top

IF they can stay healthy, we are in fine shape. A nice group of talented runners.  
Back to the top

IMO we got our talented running back in Johnny Ford, we need another CB and DE
Back to the top

I would love a shut down corner and a safety that can hit. But so does every other team. .
Back to the top

My friends tell me jahbari hill is an intimidating cb. Good tackler.  And can run.  They think  he could be a jaylen young kind of player. Time will tell.
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

IMO we got our talented running back in Johnny Ford, we need another CB and DE
Posted On: Jan 13th 2021, 7:49 PM #399950

This. The lack of pass rush towards the tail end of last year hurt seemed like McCarthy sort of mailed it in after that UMASS game. We need a strong edge rusher to compliment Jaylen Joyner and Evan Anderson 
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 13th 2021, 8:15 AM #399941

I would not say we are "stacked'' at back. On paper, it sure looks that way, but there is just too much history of Davison and McCammon being out to trust them. It is why they have brought in a transfer.

I will bet our online will be the best in the conference next year.

We return four starters possibly five if Desmond Noel returns for another year.

FAU has numerous young backups who played this year like, Deshawn Richardson, Adarius Toliver, and Devin Hays.

Sebastien Dolcine, who was a highly rated JUCO signee, was ineligible last year due to a transcript snafu.

The defense should be elite.

Posted On: Jan 13th 2021, 1:22 PM #399944

Who’s your way too early QB pick to start at UF Shane?
Back to the top
Control functions: