Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Florida Memorial @ FAU - December 12, 2020

Add topic

Owls Makeup the Lost Game vs. NCState with FMU

What: Florida Memorial (2-5) vs. Florida Atlantic (3-2)

When: Saturday, December 12, @ 12:00 PM Eastern

Where: Abessinio Court at FAU Arena

Series: The Owls have a 5-2 advantage over the Lions. FMU's lone wins came in 1988 and 1989.

TV: None

Stream: CUSA.tv *Subscription Required

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

FMU Team Site: Here

FMU at a Glance:

Offense - 68.6 PPG, 42.4% FG, 29.3% 3PT

Defense - 74.9 PPGA, 39.8% FGA, 31.1% 3PTA

Rebounding - 39 RPG Lions, 38.3 RPG Opponents

Notables

An HBCU from Miami Gardens, the Florida Memorial Lions will visit The Burrow coming off a 68-65 win over fellow NAIA program, Webber International.

FMU are led by guard Sam Mack Jr. and forward Mubashar Ali, averaging 13.8 and 10.1 points per game respectively. The latter is also the team leader along the glass with 9.5 rebounds per game.

FMU was originally scheduled to play FIU this weekend, but a COVID-19 outbreak within the Panthers program cancelled the Lion's trip to West Miami. This game will count as an exhibition towards FMU's record.

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 8128 PPG, 45.9% FG, 39.9% 3PT

Defense - 62 PPGA, 39.4% FGA, 35.8% 3PTA

Rebounding - 42.4 RPG Owls, 33.6 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Owls are amidst a three-game win streak, their longest since early January of 2020 with wins over UTSA, UTEP, and Rice.

In the previous home game, FAU defeated Florida National of the NAIA, 128-64, setting school records for points in a game, points in a half, field goals made and 3-point field goals made in the process.

Most recently, FAU held off a feisty North Florida to break an Osprey out-of-conference home winning streak that stretched to 2016. In the 79-77 FAU win, forward Karlis Silins tied his previous career high of 19 points while forward Jailyn Ingram notched his first double-double of the season.

To nobody's surprise, Ingram leads the team in points with a 14.6 average. This is despite Ingram returning to practice just days before the season opener after being unable to participate for two weeks.

FAU Head Coach Dusty May said last week that it is a team goal to be a top-25 team in offensive rebounds. As it currently stands, the Owls' 14.8 offensive boards ranks second in C-USA and number 17 in the nation.

This contest was scheduled after a COVID outbreak at NC State forced the cancellation of the Owls trip to Raleigh to face the Wolfpack.

Latest Line: No Line

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Gotta love an extra home game in Paradise!

Back to the top

It's almost go time from The Burrow.

FAU's lineup is in. We see no changes from the Owls' previous victories.

Back to the top

Say what you want about FAU scheduling NAIA teams, but at least FAU is beating them like they should. Other DI teams haven't been as lucky this year.

Back to the top

Hide the children, it's a massacre.

Back to the top

FAU 3 Cupcakes 0
Back to the top

Owls may be looking to top their single-game scoring record, which was set just last week with 128 points against FNU!

Back to the top

Owls Win!

No surprise the Owls pushed aside the NAIA program from Miami Gardens. The last few games would be a much needed playing time before facing Stetson and UF next week.

Back to the top

Coach May was worried about a drop off after NC State cancelled. He says he's thankful that FMU was wiling to work out a game so his team could stay sharp before a pair of tough road tests against Stetson and UF.

Back to the top
Control functions: