Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

Add topic

I'm watching, this second half is going to be a nail bitter
Back to the top

Scrappy second half this far. Refs suddenly found their whistles after swallowing them in the first half. Mike makes an athletic drive to end an Owls' three minute drought.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Making a run!

LET'S GO OWLS!
Back to the top

IT'S A 7-0 RUN FOR SILINS!

Owls lead again, 48-43 with 12:34 remaining.

Back to the top

Too many lead changes to keep track, but Greenlee puts us ahead!

Back to the top

LET'S GO!
Back to the top

Here we go… hold on to your butts!

Back to the top

Warm up the bus!

(back to El Paso)

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

BOOM! HOW ABOUT THAT!!!

OWLS WIN! FAU 76 - UTEP 70.

Back to the top

FAU stamps their ticket to the quarterfinals in one of the most physical and tenacious games of the season. Owls survive and advance after a thrilling 76-70 win over UTEP.

Quick Hits

• Karlis Silins set a new career high with 22 points. He fouled out with just over a minute remaining but the Owls found a way to win without their leading scorer.

• Jailyn Ingram overtook Ron Delph for third in career rebounds at FAU after hauling in eight boards tonight. He scored eight points, six of which coming from the arc in the game's opening five minutes.

• The back and forth game saw nine lead changes, all but one coming in the second half. The Owls lead for over 25:46 on the night.

• A combined 45 free throws were attempted… in the second half alone. The refs drew the ire of both coaches with 32 total second half fouls called after just eight in the first half.

• Speaking of free throws, the Owls were much improved from the stripe, going 20-26. "We stepped up and made our free throws," FAU Head Coach Dusty May said. "throughout the season we struggled shooting from the line at times, so very pleased with our guys making big shots down the stretch."

NEXT: FAU will take on the West Division Champions, Louisiana Tech. Tip is set for 9:30 PM on Stadium.

Back to the top
Control functions: