Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ UTSA - February 12 & 13, 2021

Add topic

Owls hit a skid midway through conference play as FAU is swept by UTSA. Better to get this lull out now before the C-USA Tournament in March.

Tonights' Quick Hits from FAU's 86-75 loss.

Quick Hits

Ingram's Hamstring flared up just moments before tipoff. He sustained the injury three weeks ago in FAU's most recent series. He started in Game One vs. UTSA but saw limited minutes. He was tabbed as a stater tonight but was scratched from the lineup with Everett Winchester taking his place.

Injury Bug has swept through the program. Kenan Blackshear was questionable going into tonight after taking a tough hit in the lower back on Game One. Meanwhile Darden Kapiti took one for the team by earning a hard charge foul, but he injured himself in the process.

High Percentage Shots were converted with ease as FAU shot 58% from inside the arc. The issue was the Owls' woeful 6-24 from along the three-point line.

Free Throws were downright poor, killing any chance of FAU completing their comeback bid. The Owls shot 13-25 from the charity stripe. Many of the fouls in the second half led to completely wasted possessions.

Coach Dusty May said if there is a good thing about Ingram's absence is that it gave the opportunity for freshman Giancarlo Rosado to shine. The Palm Beach native scored 10 in 11 minutes of action.

NEXT: FAU returns to The Burrow to face a physical UTEP team that is coming off a sound victory over FIU.

UPDATED SCHEDULE

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Crazy that CUSA may be a 2 bid league as multiple media outlets are reporting. Maybe we can make a run in the CUSA tourney

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: