Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: MTSU @ FAU - March, 4 & 5, 2021

Add topic

OWLS WIN! FAU sweeps MTSU with a 63-54 win.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The Owls closed their regular season campaign with a 61-54 victory over Middle Tennessee to improve to 12-9 (7-5). The win confirms another winning record for Dusty May, his third straight.

Quick Hits

• Senior forward Jailyn Ingram still has not looked like his old self, but there are signs of promise: He tied a career high 12 rebounds despite shooting 2-11 from the field.

• Unlike the last several games, the Owls were unable to turn it on late. FAU converted just one of their last ten field goals. Thankfully, Middle Tennessee only converted one of their last eight.

• Junior guard Michael Forrest is playing his best basketball at the right time. He scored a team-high 16 points. He only missed two field goals, both coming along the arc. That said, he finished shooting 66% from three.

• Owls lead for 39:51 of the 40 minutes of game time. The Blue Raiders never once held a lead.

• As of now, it looks like FAU will play UTEP on Tuesday to open the C-USA Tournament. The winner of that of that contest will face Louisiana Tech.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

So Karlis Silins is not a Junior as listed on the FAU BB site?
Back to the top
Control functions: