Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What's this mean for our beloved "Owl Fingers?"

Add topic

Back to the top

I have seen this before, very sad it is so close to our FAU Owls hand sign!!!
Back to the top

To me, Racists ARE BIG ZEROS!!! And I grew up white on the far south side of Chicago!
Back to the top

This sign holds many meanings.

It was for a long time if you got your buddy to look at it below the waist you got him to punch him in the arm.
https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/circle-game/

Which is most likely the meaning here.

Of course our Owl fingers.

But just the other day a leader of TPUSA a large conservative college group had a video with him in his girlfriend making the hand saying a ton of racist stuff.

So unless I am wearing Owl gear I do not plan on making those fingers do not want someone to get the wrong idea.
Back to the top

Here is my thought on this idiotic subject. There are tons of hand signals that can mean multiple things.  Flashing a hand signal does not make one a white supremacist. Being a white supremacist makes you that.  Flashing a hand signal that is used by gangs does not make you a gang member. Being in a gang makes you a gang member.

The Okay sign is used in sign language by the deaf. Does that mean all deaf people are white supremacists?

The problem with the world today is that no one has the balls to have balls.

I will continue to use the Owls Up hand signal for my alma mater and if any outsider out there has any problem with it, I have a preferred hand signal especially for you  :cool:

Owls Up Baby!!

Stupidity is real.

Back to the top

fauowl said

I will continue to use the Owls Up hand signal for my alma mater and if any outsider out there has any problem with it, I have a preferred hand signal especially for you  :cool:

Posted On: May 11th 2019, 6:52 PM #386263

+1

The Owl FINGER!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

fauowl said

Here is my thought on this idiotic subject. There are tons of hand signals that can mean multiple things.  Flashing a hand signal does not make one a white supremacist. Being a white supremacist makes you that.  Flashing a hand signal that is used by gangs does not make you a gang member. Being in a gang makes you a gang member.

The Okay sign is used in sign language by the deaf. Does that mean all deaf people are white supremacists?

Owls Up Baby!!

Stupidity is real.

Great response Mark 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owls Up Baby!!

Stupidity is real.

No one said it makes you white supremacists if you make the sign.

Most people will understand the difference between Owl fingers and the racist guy.
People throw them up in pics all the time and the subject has never come up.

The sign has a ton of meanings and "balls" have nothing to do with it.

I think its important people are aware of all the meanings.

I corrected what I wrote I had "out Owl fingers" when I meant "our''

I think everyone is in agreement here.

Back to the top

Football season can’t get here soon enough jeez
Back to the top

I just got off the phone with a long-lost friend who moved to California. We had an awful conversation, you know, when it steered into news sources, first source, research, dear g*d. It doesn't matter that it's California or whether he took mainstream or google-buzz-media…whichever. But I did too often think of, "When is 'OK' OK?" And that's stupid. Context matters. The guy in the clip? Racist. Owls score? Not racist (or maybe it is, again, context).

New Owls on campus this weekend…
Back to the top
Control functions: