Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

After A Quiet Spell, Angelos Has Something To Say...

Add topic

Been quiet on the "Ask The AD" blog since March…but, without further delay…the main point:

"It is possible that perhaps we could get the stadium up before the last part of the 2010 season but if not it will have to roll over to the 2011 season. We will continue to keep you updated as we continue to progress."

Full June 14th Entry
Back to the top

Re: After A Quiet Spell, Angelos Has Something To Say...

After A Quiet Spell, Angelos Has Something To Say...

Rick said

Been quiet on the "Ask The AD" blog since March…but, without further delay…the main point:

"It is possible that perhaps we could get the stadium up before the last part of the 2010 season but if not it will have to roll over to the 2011 season. We will continue to keep you updated as we continue to progress."

Full June 14th Entry

At least he responded to my question, but he didnt answer it.  ::)

I wish they would reach out to the Palm Beach County folks. Having championships games and other sporting events at a Stadium on Campus would be huge for the County AND the School.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

This is what got my attention:

"…we are very close to finalizing a naming rights partner and also a partnership with the developer who would build our 2,400 bed facility as part of our Innovation Village."

Even if it gets pushed to 2011, if we could just finalize the darn thing, I would be thrilled.
Back to the top

fauowl said

"…we are very close to finalizing a naming rights partner and also a partnership with the developer who would build our 2,400 bed facility as part of our Innovation Village."

Even if it gets pushed to 2011, if we could just finalize the darn thing, I would be thrilled.

No news is good news.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

fauowl said

Agree, and it caught mine as well…

Only thing is, the notion was potentially disclaimed for 2010 just below it with this quote:

"It is possible that perhaps we could get the stadium up before the last part of the 2010 season but if not it will have to roll over to the 2011 season."

Regardless, it will happen when it is supposed to happen… :)

Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

Agree, and it caught mine as well…

Only thing is, the notion was potentially disclaimed for 2010 just below it with this quote:

"It is possible that perhaps we could get the stadium up before the last part of the 2010 season but if not it will have to roll over to the 2011 season."

Regardless, it will happen when it is supposed to happen… :)

And Ted reported that FAU has talked with MSU about the possibility of playing a Dec. game.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yeah, they mentioned that…wouldn't be a bad deal at all actually…

If we are doing well, it would be nice, because we could potentially get the ESPN crew for the "housewarming party" ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: