Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anything New on the Stadium?

Add topic

Anything New on the Stadium?

I'm anxious to know if anything has broken ground yet, or if it still looks like it'll will be pushed back to 2011.
Back to the top

Re: Anything New on the Stadium?

i was going to ask Angelos yesterday at practice, but he had a swarm of kids with him from an event they were hosting…and didnt' feel like waiting around…

Ted stuck it out and got the same response that has been given the last 10 times the question was asked:

"We are in a holding pattern".

Nothing new to "report"…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

i was going to ask Angelos yesterday at practice, but he had a swarm of kids with him from an event they were hosting…and didnt' feel like waiting around…

Ted stuck it out and got the same response that has been given the last 10 times the question was asked:

"We are in a holding pattern".

Nothing new to "report"…….

<sigh>

Guess Ill have to head over to the Michigan State boards and tell them they WONT be playing in our new stadium.

I would have to guss this game gets moved to Dolphin. Michigan State WILL travel well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

<sigh>

Guess Ill have to head over to the Michigan State boards and tell them they WONT be playing in our new stadium.

I would have to guss this game gets moved to Dolphin. Michigan State WILL travel well.

What's the rush to tell them anything? We're not even in our first game of '09 let alone '10.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfamily said

<sigh>

What's the rush to tell them anything? We're not even in our first game of '09 let alone '10.

He's right O_F…….

I know you are just being objective, but we aren't there yet…still have some time…Keep the Faith!
Back to the top

theblackmaria6 said

I'm anxious to know if anything has broken ground yet, or if it still looks like it'll will be pushed back to 2011.

There's been nothing done to prepare the site except some site testing flags here and there.

They need to move ground this summer or it won't be happening. I'll be watching the site and letting you know how it goes.
Back to the top

heh heh

I was being snippy.  ;D

No point in saying anything untill its "official" from the AD. I just know its APRIL and still no earth moved.

IF they started today, they would have about 15 months to get it done. NOT a lot of time.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

when i was at the UM vs. FAU baseball game i decided to walk up to angolos and get some info my self i went and asked him in your honest opinion do you think we will have a on campus stadium to play in 2010 he said we will have a stadium but he doest know what it will look like. Now this isn't a exact quote or anything like that and i did have quite a few drinks in me. But i think if the school cant sell the construction rights they will do a small on campus stadium.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

when i was at the UM vs. FAU baseball game i decided to walk up to angolos and get some info my self i went and asked him in your honest opinion do you think we will have a on campus stadium to play in 2010 he said we will have a stadium but he doest know what it will look like. Now this isn't a exact quote or anything like that and i did have quite a few drinks in me. But i think if the school cant sell the construction rights they will do a small on campus stadium.

It's unfortunate, but I believe angolos, when he says we'll have some sort of on campus stadium. Lockhart will be torn down because of the Baltimore Orioles. The Hurricanes, Marlins, and Dolphins will all be sharing Dolphin stadium that year. And there are no other option but an on campus stadium. I think we'll have a lockhart look-a-like on campus. 

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

owlfamily said

IF they started today, they would have about 15 months to get it done. NOT a lot of time.

It took FIU and UCF what… 18 months to do theirs?

Maybe it will be done for Homecoming if not on the opening day.
Back to the top
Control functions: