Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Endzone seating for students a mistake?

Add topic

Were having a discussion on the Sun Belt board about student seating.

Trojan Arena Update (5/6/2011)

A lot of atmosphere was created at lockhart last year when they let the students move over tot he visiting sideline. Now we will probably lose that again as the students will be in the End zone. I know that those seats are somewhat "prime" and that FAU wants to sell them but they might be making a mistake on that.

Here was my solution:

"I wonder if they could designate a small section of the visiting sideline as student seating, (say from the 30-30, and 5 rows deep) so that it would help balance the crowd and provide some that atmosphere you all are taking about,"

What do you think?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Endzone seating for students a mistake?

Why don't we just see how it goes for the first season?  I'd rather try and sell those seats and let the students sit in the "student endzone".  If the goal is to sell 12,000 seasons, then it's hard to justify blocking off seats in your most desirable areas just in case.  Go all out and try and sell the seats first and then re-adjust later if necessary.
Back to the top

If I'm a student I'd rather sit in the end zones than on the sidelines.

Was there ever a "good" atmosphere at Lockhart?

In my opinion sideline seats should be reserved for paying customers.

From the 30 to the 30 means you have students sitting in your "prime real estate" areas sorta speak, for free. Both 40's and the 50 is going to be your money maker. Shouldn't give those students

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

That's where they asked to sit…
Back to the top

Endzone seating for students a mistake?

Rick said

That's where they asked to sit…

I actually think it's a good idea to keep the students and paying customers separate.  Fans at NCAA games always complain about langauge or behavior that they don't want their kids hearing or seeing coming from students at games.  Having the students in their own area avoids all that and improves the gameday experience for all.  The students don't want to be bothered and told to watch their language around children or older fans and the paying customers don't necessarily want to be surrounded by the college kids.  So long as we sell enough tickets to fill the place, it's a win-win for everyone.
Back to the top

There are some really interesting features built into the end zone for student seating. The area is totally isolated from the rest of the stadium. It looks like it has its own entrances, concessions, etc. The band is right there and has direct access to walk right onto the field. Hopefully the students crowd into the section and keep it packed!

The packed section will also look great on TV when we score the PAT ;).
Back to the top

And being that many students like to stand for an entire game, no "old people" to complain or argue with! Hey, it is free, who else here wishes we had free football games on campus when we went to FAU! :)
Back to the top
Control functions: