Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

No dome

Add topic

From the latest Ask The AD:

With regard to our football stadium, it appears that the Trustees have agreed in concept to building a 30,000 seat open air football stadium that should be completed by the 2010 season. Sometime in the future the possibility will exist to also build a 10,000 seat basketball arena but that will be down the road quite a bit. The concept of possibly getting a roof over the 30,000 seat dome stadium that was presented but never done before and I highly doubt that it will ever be done here on our campus. Therefore, right now a 30,000 seat open air stadium will be reviewed for the next six months by the experts associated with the Board of Trustees who will counsel them as to how to proceed. Nevertheless, the university is definitely committed to building a football stadium to support its football program.

http://fausports.cstv.com/ot/ask-ad-responses.html
Back to the top

No dome

wtf…getting tired of this sh**
Back to the top

No dome

The reason the Dome will never happen $$$.

Right now the BoT miss the boat, we could have had the Dome build with KUD again taking the financial risk with the revenue producing key elments providing the financial back fall for them doing so. With the open air stadium, any expansion will be the responsibility of FAU to find the fundings for any of the expansions. Since the BoT have agreed on building the open air 30,000 seat stadium, unless we can show that we can sell-out every game on a regular bases, expansion will never be an opinion.

I have said this before the Dome might have been too big of a venue for us at the present time, but in the long term it would have been a perfect venue for the University and for the reason that KUD was taking the finacial risk to build the damn thing made the Dome a no brainer.

So much for the Vision of the clueless BoT. I would have thought that they woulod share the same vision as Brogan, then again that would make too much sense.

The good part is we are getting a stadium on campus, which we all can agree that we need desperately.
Back to the top

No dome

Bytor - I have to disagree with you a bit. The plan with KUD is very flawed. I was all in favor of the dome, but under the right circumstances. While it is nice to have someone else assume most of the financial risk, they also receive all of the potential reward. In addition, FAU would be turning over its greatest asset...undeveloped land. the innovation village plan would have generated significant revenue, but all proceeds would go to KUD. with the highest growth rate for any university in the state of florida, it wouldnt be prudent for FAU to simply turn over such valuable land for the next 30 years in order to build a facility which we all know would be way under capacity. while the football and basketball teams would benefit greatly by having this state of the art dome, the university as a whole wouldnt benefit as much as we think. At this point, I am more excited about the 30,000 open-aired stadium than the dome. And while I will no longer be in south florida to enjoy this facility in 2010, I d think it is the sensible thing for the BOT to due. I vow to travel down for games annually to experience the on-campus stadium we so desperately need. Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

No dome

No dome

BOT = Basically Obsolete Thinkers…

Someone explain to me why they are even involved please?! The land is approved…no state monies, etc…Hello???

Im writing Angelos to see if he will clarify their "role"…
Back to the top

No dome

Ballero7, I will agree on the fact that the KUD porposal was flawed and not perfect yet some of those issues could have been negotiated to benefit both parties. I don't think Brogan would have done anything to hurt the Universities long term goals regarding this Porject. Regardless of what has transpired, the Innovation Village will be build along a 30,000 seat stadium, which is truely the most important aspect and most of us will agree and favored an open air stadium anyway. So all is good.

Back to the top

No dome

Bytor said

Ballero7, I will agree on the fact that the KUD porposal was flawed and not perfect yet some of those issues could have been negotiated to benefit both parties. I don't think Brogan would have done anything to hurt the Universities long term goals regarding this Porject. Regardless of what has transpired, the Innovation Village will be build along a 30,000 seat stadium, which is truely the most important aspect and most of us will agree and favored an open air stadium anyway. So all is good.

Just to clarify:

"With regard to our football stadium, it appears that the Trustees have agreed in concept to building a 30,000 seat open air football stadium…" - Craig Angelos

I don't know how conclusive the word "appear" can be at this point?

"Therefore, right now a 30,000 seat open air stadium will be reviewed for the next six months by the experts associated with the Board of Trustees…"

Again, not nailed down…loophole to come back say "ok, we looked at it, and are not going to do it". You don't "review" something you have decided to do…instead, you say something like:

"Therefore, for the next six months, the plan to build the 30,000 seat open air stadium will be developed, and finalized".

Not being negative here, just being objective…i for one want this thing on the campus yesterday!
Back to the top

No dome

First post–

I agree with Florida_Owl. This stadium is not nailed down. If the next 6 months yields the fact that the dorms and retail space will not pay for the stadium, there will not be a stadium unless someone comes forward and ponies up some serious cash.
Back to the top

No dome

I was criticized for being negative about the BOT's decision but I will stick by what I said in the past. It is a stall BS tactic and I agree with Florida_Owl on his post. We have gone way way past the look at it stage for the last nine years time to Poop or get off the pot. The UCF stadium is due to open in 07 one year after the decision to go. This is ridiculous and the BOT should be ashamed to call themselves professionals. The best thing these people could do is resign and go play shuffle board with the City officials from Boca. Backward thinking losers are nothing but anchors on the necks of not only the athletics but the University as a whole.

May they need to make the decision to step aside and build the damn thing but they will stick there heads as far up there ass with yet another stall tactic. September we will see if they should look at putting a restroom facility on both side of the stadium and have an answer no later then November at which time someone may bring in a nest of gopher turtles and hold the project till the following May.

Sound ridiculous that is exactly what this whole stadium thing has turned into a ridiculous campaign to not make a decision that could have been made four years ago because they never intended to build a dome and it was a way to blow it off.

BOT you should be ashamed to have continued with this irresponsible action. Everyone of you should be removed, fired thrown out on your ass.

This isn't negative it is a fact a stadium that should be done by 2010 that could have should have been done by 2006 or 07.
Back to the top

No dome

There is no question that the BoT has dragged their feet and by no way them agreeing in concept of a 30,000 seat open air stadium does no exonerate them for making a decision that should have been made two years ago, we must find the positive, they at least realize the need for an on campus stadium (all menbers are in agreement, as hard as it is ti believe) and like Talon mentioned it comes down to commitment on their part.

The fact that the BoT at least agreed on the concept of what the stadium will look like, form the three proposed, we at least know what to expect. I will remain positive because of Howard, he will make sure it gets done. Especially when you have Angelos & Brogan mentioning that it could get done sooner (2009). IMO, somthing is happening under the radar that will help make this thing happen. Now that the BoT has agree in the concept and also agree the need for an on campus stadium, just remember that they chose the open air stadium as appose to the Dome for the fact that the open air stadium could be ready for 2010 as oppose to the dome 2013. So the BoT at least realize it's importance to the football program.

Write to the BoT and let them know of your fustrations, sometimes they just need to get a good kick in the A$$.

Back to the top
Control functions: