Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Trump and Huizenga...

Add topic

someone really needs to contact these people concerning the stadium.  They have the funds and have ties to south florida.  Imagine the "Trump Stadium" along with the "Trump shops and dorms."  Talk about amazing marketing. 
Back to the top

Re: Trump and Huizenga...

sirwgula said

someone really needs to contact these people concerning the stadium.  They have the funds and have ties to south florida.  Imagine the "Trump Stadium" along with the "Trump shops and dorms."  Talk about amazing marketing.

One of Trump's companies just declared bankruptcy. He and his children resigned from the board of directors. He has been deeply hurt by the economy just like everyone else.

Back to the top

Lago said

sirwgula said

One of Trump's companies just declared bankruptcy. He and his children resigned from the board of directors. He has been deeply hurt by the economy just like everyone else.

But, seriously, how "deeply" could a billionare be hurt??

The guy has more "fat" than a bag of pork rinds… ;D
Back to the top

The key word used is "companies." Sure one of his companies declared bankruptcy, but the guy has millions of his own and dozens of other companies that aren't declaring bankruptcy despite the economic downturn.  I say someone write him and tell him to  throw us ten million, and in return he can get all the profits from the dorms. The dorms will be a cash cow. Further, great marketing by having "Trump Stadium" in his own backyard of palm beach.
Back to the top

While I'm sure this has been considered by FAU in some capacity, I think it's an extreme longshot at best.

Not to mention that FAU students already detest Boca's snooty nature so something like "Trump shops and dorms" just adds insult to injury.

My $0.02
Back to the top

This is another rehash actually this was discussed at least twice over the last four years. Someone made a comment a couple of years ago that it was being considered. But I agree with Florida_Owl how bad can this guy be hurting he just opened another building I think in Chicago. Anyway somebody make the call, if the stadium doesn't interest him the village should. Afterall thats his cup of scotch I mean tea
Back to the top

FAU has a relationship with Trump… at least somewhat of a relationship.

The FAU Athletics golf fund raiser was held at his golf course in 07, if not more years than just that one.

And one of FAU's BOT members works for one of Trump's companies.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Does this thread even belong in the Stadium & Innovation Village?  It's not news just wishful thinking.
Back to the top

we do not want a "trump stadium".  As was posted, students at FAU detest the uppity rich old folks.  I imagine the stadium would have a "formal" dress code, tailgating would require wine and cheese, and all FAU apperal would have a trump logo on it.  Oh yeah and no fun would be allowed because that would be "Unclassy" ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Trump and Huizenga...

duder said

I imagine the stadium would have a "formal" dress code, tailgating would require wine and cheese

Maybe we could skip that part with all of the "whining" going on now?? :D
Back to the top
Control functions: