Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

I cannot find a full box score stat release on the game anywhere

Posted On: Sep 2nd 2018, 12:46 PM #380095

Trust me when I say that's a good thing.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Thank Ill Owl and funny Jack! :Big-Grin:

Any word on the most important issue coming out - any injuries to speak of, only mention I saw was Bain coming out early.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

OK, again I am screaming this from the rooftops. Kendel much lost play calling duties going into week 4 last year.

In college today it's not crazy hard to find guys who know how to coach a spread offense and score you see it everywhere now.

As for Wisconsin game last year if they had anything slightly above average QB we lose that by another 2-3 TD's

Posted On: Sep 2nd 2018, 1:34 PM #380098

No need to scream, we obviously have different opinions on this matter and screaming won't change mine.  You may have more insight to the inner workings of the current coaching staff than I have, or you played ball for FAU or somewhere else.

There's too few of us true Owl fans out there man - I ain't mad at ya!

And as I've probably mentioned before, I'm here to support the hometown team.  I'm here from what I would call a toxic UF fanbase, which in my opinion ran off good coaches and has resulted in 10 years of mediocrity.  It's the last thing I'd want to see happen here.

That being said, I'd still take Steve Spurrier at UF (offense) over Bob Stoops (defense) at OU.  Of course, Spurrier didn't win a NC until Stoops came on board but the stadium was full and the excitement was there.  We all know offense sells tickets and defense wins games.

We can make this an objective conversation if you like.  Let's compare the offensive points Houston scores this year and the points FAU scores this year.  I do have a hypothesis on which one will come out ahead.

Let's compare tickets sales of each school as a % of stadium capacity.  Attendance would be more accurate but unfortunately, this has recently been found by the Wall Street Journal to be misleading.

Again, this is a healthy discussion man - I ain't mad at ya.

Back to the top

Also consider the coordinator hirings under Kiffin.

First year - OC from the Big 12, DC from the SEC.  Two hires from P5's gives you P5 results.

Second year - OC as a first timer, DC from the C-USA.  One first time OC and one G5 gives you G5 results.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Thank Ill Owl and funny Jack! :Big-Grin:

Any word on the most important issue coming out - any injuries to speak of, only mention I saw was Bain coming out early.

Posted On: Sep 2nd 2018, 2:03 PM #380101

Saw Reggie last night, he looked okay.  Did not speak to him though.
Back to the top

To quote Aaron Rodgers.

R-E-L-A-X. Relax.

Green Bay Packers Relax GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Its was just one game, and the first game at the D-1 level for Weiss Jr. Lets hold our judgement until after Air Force. If they have the same problems, I suspect LK will take over the play calling duties. I suspect that the DC and LK have already had the discussion to simplify the defense scheme going into next week.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

I cannot find a full box score stat release on the game anywhere (goes all the way into D stats and even game participation), even on the FAU site. Would like to see D numbers as well as O personally
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2018, 12:46 PM #380095

I have the ESPN app on my phone. It always has a complete box score for all games. 
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2018, 1:37 PM #380099

Probably just still trying to add up all the yds and pts OU dropped on our D
Back to the top

At least we’re not Miami. 
Back to the top

David Slavic said

At least we’re not Miami. 
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2018, 10:11 PM #380125

I went to bed at LSU 33 - UM 3! And at least we are not Kansas or ODU eother!

The streak is over (BIG surprise huh) now get on with the start of the winnable games portion of the year Owls!
Back to the top

If they had won, this would be the most historical and important football game in the history of the university.  As it stands, this was by far the least important game on this season's schedule.

Like GeorgiaOwl said, move on to the winnable games.
Back to the top
Control functions: