Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - October 6th, 2018

Add topic

I had to go look it up, but apparently that thing where the QB throws the ball down the field is called a "pass." I think we should continue to incorporate this "pass" into our offense as it makes us a "duel" threat and we do not have to kill Motor. Defense actually showed up tonight. Maybe since they didn't have to leave Boca it was not an issue. Not a great showing, but an improved showing. I am still thinking our schemes are too complicated and we just need to let them play. So who is going to post the flyers for open tryouts for field goal kicker? We'll take anyone at this point. I am so tired about hearing about a hamstring and us going for it on every fourth down or for multiple two point conversions. Overall, improved, but we still have a lot of work if we want a shot of not getting killed later in the schedule.
Back to the top

The team lacks a killer instinct like last year. If we Finish games we are 2-0 in conference play. They need to let Robison throw down field. When we stop we let both MTSU and ODU back in the game. We were so much more talented than ODU it’s absurd. Offense came together great, but defense has to get better. 

Conference USA refs are the worst I have ever seen on a side note. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

The team lacks a killer instinct like last year. If we Finish games we are 2-0 in conference play. They need to let Robison throw down field. When we stop we let both MTSU and ODU back in the game. We were so much more talented than ODU it’s absurd. Offense came together great, but defense has to get better. 

Posted On: Oct 6th 2018, 8:43 PM #381806

Refs kind of killed our defense with questionable penalties and kicking out our best player on defense.
Back to the top

rook01 said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Oct 6th 2018, 8:43 PM #381806

Refs kind of killed our defense with questionable penalties and kicking out our best player on defense.
Posted On: Oct 6th 2018, 8:53 PM #381807

There were multiple series where ODU just marched down the field and our defense was unable to stop them. The refs did not help, but we have the capability to be so much better than we have been playing that we should not have to be discussing how the refs impacted us. Why do we keep blowing it in the third quarter?
Back to the top

The defense has taken a big step back this year.
Back to the top

We gave up 508 yards tonight...last year was 411...would say so.
Back to the top

Refs didn't help us one bit. In fact, ODU had a two or three TD's immediately following questionable calls by the refs. But in response, this team showed us something that we have not seen all season: Handling adversity the way good teams do. When things looked bleak, we still had the fight (literally) to continue on. The big-time players stepped up, little to no silly mistakes on easy plays, the defense continued to play with swagger.

This is the FAU team from 2017 we've been waiting for.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I think that's a bit unfair considering how they played today.

Yes the defense was spotty but still forced 3-and-outs, got sacks, key interceptions, etc

Early on they said the FAU defense allowed an average of 24.5 points allowed last year.

We allowed 33 points this game.

So about 8.5 points more than we did last year, and ODU probably would have had one TD less if Azeez was in for the entire game.

Granted, ODU is 1-5, 0-3 overall, so I can see where you might expect us to allow less for this particular team.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I think that's a bit unfair considering how they played today.

Yes the defense was spotty but still forced 3-and-outs, got sacks, key interceptions, etc

Early on they said the FAU defense allowed an average of 24.5 points allowed last year.

We allowed 33 points this game.

So about 8.5 points more than we did last year, and ODU probably would have had one TD less if Azeez was in for the entire game.

Granted, ODU is 1-5, 0-3 overall, so I can see where you might expect us to allow less for this particular team.
Posted On: Oct 6th 2018, 9:27 PM #381813

Yeah but losing azeez is an excuse. Defense has to play better when he isn’t there.

Robison showed tonight why Lane is staying with him thru the ups and downs 
Back to the top

We had only around 130 yards rushing going into the 4th quarter. Against a bad team at home that is absolutely unacceptable; borderline embarrassing. We all know it's because of that high school RG Riles. At least Lane had the balls to take him out a few series. Riles keeping his starting spot is like a straight F student not getting on academic probation. How about sending him back to Gainsville to get his masters? Oh and by the way we scored touchdowns on all of Weber's drives at RG. How about a change…
Back to the top
Control functions: