Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Unveils New Court Designs

Add topic

Re: FIU Unveils New Court Designs

FIU Unveils New Court Designs

pikepanther said

Here's the final design:

I happen to like it. And those who are saying FIU is "not close" to the Beach. Yeah sure, Google Maps tells you 26 minutes, but if you've ever driven in Miami, you know no one follows the speed limit and it's more like 15 minutes. Despite not being on the actual beach, we're still the public University in Miami - so yeah, beach is appropriate.

What isn't 30 minutes away in South Florida?  My Publix is less than a mile away and it take 20 minutes to get to it!
Back to the top

Tim said

pikepanther said

Here's the final design:

I happen to like it. And those who are saying FIU is "not close" to the Beach. Yeah sure, Google Maps tells you 26 minutes, but if you've ever driven in Miami, you know no one follows the speed limit and it's more like 15 minutes. Despite not being on the actual beach, we're still the public University in Miami - so yeah, beach is appropriate.

What isn't 30 minutes away in South Florida?  My Publix is less than a mile away and it take 20 minutes to get to it!

Glad to see they have the C-USA logo facing the right way unlike the first picture in this thread.  U of South Alabama had the Sun Belt log facing out instead of in…very distracting!!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Looks like we got scooped on the beach theme from our friends down south.

I like the idea of Palm Tree's since they are so prevelant. Maybe running down the side courts or flanking the Owl in the middle?

Ah no, we have been running with that theme since the football stadium was designed, they are attempting to copy it and the court looks just plain stupid.

Silly kitties, maybe a picture of the Everglades would make a little more sense based on geography but who cares about facts.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

That looks very distracting. I'd like to see the Owls keep a classy, traditional court updated with the CUSA logos.
Back to the top

I am so glad we did not do this...

What was FIU thinking?

Their New Basketball Floor... ;D

Back to the top

Oh my god....that looks like butt!
Back to the top

Is it just me or where is the 3 point line? A very confusung design IMHO. If I were FIU I would have gone with the Miami skyline option.
Back to the top

I read that they were adding different paint coats in layers. I hope they're still adding some more because otherwise it's going to look like a mural painted on the side of a middle school.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Now I see 3 point lines, but at the top of the circle, man that is faint! The refs are gonna hate this!
Back to the top
Control functions: