Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

Add topic

FAU Opens C-USA Tournament Against UTEP

What: No. 4  FAU (12-9) vs. No. 5 UTEP (12-11)

When: Wednesday, March 10th, @ 9:30 PM Eastern

Where: Ford Center at The Star

Series: The Miners own a slight 5-4 edge over the Owls, although FAU won the last three meetings.

TV: None

Stream: ESPN+ *Subscription Required

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

UTEP Team Site: Here

UTEP at a Glance:

Offense - 70.8 PPG, 42.6% FG, 33.2% 3PT

Defense - 68.2 PPGA, 43.2% FGA, 33.8% 3PTA

Rebounding - 34.5 RPG Miners, 35.1 RPG Opponents

Notables

UTEP enters the C-USA Tournament as the No.5 seed from the West division. The Miners have won four straight conference matchups, including series sweeps over Florida International and Charlotte.

Last time out, the Miners had the eyes of the college basketball world upon them as they took one of the game's blue-bloods to a close finish. After winning the majority of the game, the Kansas Jayhawks pulled away from the upset minded Miners for a 67-62 victory in Lawrence.

Souley Boum leads the Miners in scoring with 16.8 PPG, good for the third best in the conference. He, as well as teammate Bryson Williams were named All-C-USA Third Team for this season.

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 78.6 PPG, 46.6% FG, 41.1% 3PT

Defense - 66.3 PPGA, 41.1% FGA, 34.2% 3PTA

Rebounding - 42.3.8 RPG Owls, 35 RPG Opponents

Notables

Just like UTEP, the Owls enter the C-USA Tournament on a four-game win streak agains conference opponents following sweeps over Southern Miss and Middle Tennessee. FAU automatically makes the second round of the tournament as the East division's No. 4 seed.

In their most recent game, guard Michael Forrest lead the team with 16 points en route to a 63-54 victory over MTSU. The win secured the third straight winning record the the FAU Men's Basketball program, a feet never accomplished since the team's transition to Division I.

Forward Jailyn Ingram continues to pace the Owls in PPG and RPG with 12.5 and 12.1, respectively. Forrest is the only other Owl averaging double digits in scoring with 12.1

A trio of Owls average around nine points per game. Guard BJ Greenlee (9.9), center Karlis Silins (9.9), and guard Kenan Blackshear (9.6)

The winner of this contest will play Louisiana Tech in the next round on the following day.

Opening Line: FAU +3.5

Additional Links:

2021 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU is 3.5 point dog,  but I'm not seeing it. 

On a side note:

RICE 61, SOUTHERN MISS 52

Golden Eagles are home bound. 

Rice closed the game on an 18-3 run. 
Back to the top

should be a good game....640 usually comes in ok, but if anyone has any issues.... use the Tunein app.... you can get local radio stations on there free....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

The first batch of today's games are drawing to a close.

UTSA holds off Charlotte, 72-62. The usually high scoring Road Roadrunners face top seed WKU in the Quarterfinals.

Rice upsets Marshall, 72-68. The Owls from Houston will see UAB in the Quarterfinals.

Back to the top

So far "The Owls" are doing well.

Let's hope that continues tonight…

:cool:
Back to the top

No JI again in the Starting Five, but expect him to enter the fray soon after tip.

Back to the top

Here goes Mike showing off again! Owls lead after a slow start to the night.

Back to the top

LOVING the energy from the boys today! The ball movement has been crisp as it's been all season.

Back to the top

Damn up by 11 and UTEP closes on an 18-8 run with 8:01 to play in the 1st half.

CRAZY 8's!

We're 5-9 form 3PT though…that's a great sign.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

HALFTIME. FAU leads UTEP 34-33.

An 18-8 UTEP run closes the half as the Miners capitalize off a several FAU unforced errors.

Back to the top
Control functions: