Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

Add topic

FIU outslugged FAU 13-10 this afternoon down in Miami. FAU's pitching was dreadful but the offense looked sharp. Jordan Hafer,Ovy Ramirez, Alex Silversmith, and Nick Arata all had three hits apiece and Hafer and Ramirez had homers today. FAU drops to 24-24 on the season and now plays Bethune-Cookman tomorrow in Daytona Beach at 7pm before heading to Deland this weekend.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

What is wrong with Will Mann?? 5 runs on 11 hits in five innings....unacceptable.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

does anyone else think 06-07 was the worst year in FAU sports since 01'?

2-9 football
lost in the first round of the asun and won a single conference game
#18 in america preseason and may miss the asun tourney?
doherty left
no stadium plans

it really wasn't a great year.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

first of all you must have meant 05-06

To answer your question, I don't think it was:

The women's basketball team won the A-sun and went to the tourney, The women's volleyball team won the Asun championship. The Swim team won the Sunbelt championship. The women's soccer team won the Asun championship. The track team finished 2nd in the conference. The softball team is 2nd seed in the Asun tourney coming up. The Men's basketball team had their best win/loss record yet. New track for track team. As much as has been said about a stadium, what ever type it may be, there will be something. There has to be, as much as Brogan, Angelos and Schnelly have been talking about it. These people have their credibility on the line. Otherwise they owe everyone a HUGE apology and an explaination. I know they would dread doing something like that. There has been too much talk. And there is a video on the sports pages of the FAU web site with everyone appearing on it for the whole world to see. I think something will be announced soon.

You mentioned Doherty leaving as something bad happening. You forgot to mention hiring him and having him as a coach for a season and all the publicity and attention FAU got in that same year. Not to mention attendance doubling at the home games.

If anyone else has any to add, please do.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

The biggest sore spot with me is the stadium. I agree with everything else that Illinoisowl said about the rest of the 05-06 season. I still think if all else fails use the soccer stadium next to the Ox, it has lights and a decent area etc etc etc. Sorry Illi had to throw that in about the stadium because it isn't something that would be lost after the dome was built and then who would really care if it took five or even ten years to build at least the boys in Boca have a home.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

Whats the seating capacity of the soccer stadium? Would increasing it to 15k be a real problem? Then when the dome/stadium is built, soccer would have a real nice home of its own.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

They would have to add bleachers build a bigger press box and a few club suites and add some relieve facilities and concessions and you are right then soccer would have a hell of a facility. good enough to host regional or national conference games and high school state championships.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

How does every thread turn into stadium discussions?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

Probably because FAU needs one pretty bad.
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

Done in by dreadful pitching once again. A doggone shame after such an outstanding offensive display.

As far as '05-'06 sports is concerned, Exit39 sees the glass half-empty and Illinoisowl sees it half-full. I prefer the latter view as well. And as I've stated before, if the Owls make the tourney I will consider this baseball season to have been a success. When you consider all the adversity this team has faced with the loss of McBryde, Widlansky, McKenna and Shapland, all keys to last years success, the team has hung in there to put themselves in a position to get a playoff spot. (I think there's more bad news after the Stetson series, so stay tuned). Granted, if we do make the tourney I don't think we'll last long due to our pitching (Storey & Schmal excluded). But, it would be a shame for our guys to miss it after 8 or 9 straight years.
So I'm rooting for the Owls to take 2 at Stetson and finish up by taking 2 at home against ETSU.

Good luck and Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: