Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU stadium finalized

Add topic

FIU Finalizes On-Campus Stadium Deal With Odebrecht Construction, Inc.

The new stadium is set to open for FIU?s 2008 football season and will be the only Division I on-campus football stadium south of Orlando in Florida.

Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

looks like lockhart, lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

Looks nice. I look forward to many Owls wins there! ;)
Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

That is a poor first-phase design.

Why build low-level end zone bleachers and leave one entire sideline to what appears to be a temporary-type, erector-set grandstand that dos not even cover the entire sideline?

The fans would be better off having taller, permanent sideline grandstands and little or no end zone seats. Those are the least-important seats anyway.

Maybe FIU will put some sort of building/grandstand on the unfinished side in the next phase?

But, at least they will have a home.

Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

BMarkey said

That is a poor first-phase design.

Why build low-level end zone bleachers and leave one entire sideline to what appears to be a temporary-type, erector-set grandstand that dos not even cover the entire sideline?

The fans would be better off having taller, permanent sideline grandstands and little or no end zone seats. Those are the least-important seats anyway.

Maybe FIU will put some sort of building/grandstand on the unfinished side in the next phase?

But, at least they will have a home.

It's just "poor" design exactly due to your last paragraph. The bleachers on the north side of the stadium is just exactly what is there right now. As you can see, it is placed farther away from the field than the rest of the new configuration (closer to the field), as it exists right now beyond where the track currently sits. That bleacher won't be touched in Phase I.

Now, Phase II (which is already part of the original design) will include a new building attached to the new stands(which will make it a complete bowl wrapped around the field). The new building will be the Main Facade of the Stadium and will include the new 100,000 square feet student support complex (admissions, undergraduate advising, financial aid, and welcome center). Additionally, new improved/larger locker rooms, new coaches' offices, and new/larger weight room, meeting rooms, will be added as well.

The stadium Phase I will include 1,400 club seats, 19 luxury suites, a 6,500 Stadium Club, a wrap around upper concourse, and a state of the art Scoreboard with Video Capabilities. Not Dolphin Stadium-like, but hardly Lockhart.

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11700&ATCLID=876566
Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

FIU stadium finalized

Looks good for Phase I. Although you can expect the N side bleachers to be empty as they will be the worst seats in the house.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

owlfan1 said

Looks good for Phase I. Although you can expect the N side bleachers to be empty as they will be the worst seats in the house.

GO OWLS!!!

You are right. The only game they MIGHT be used is the "inaugural game" at the new Cage…
Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

Lm77 said

FIU Finalizes On-Campus Stadium Deal With Odebrecht Construction, Inc.

The new stadium is set to open for FIU?s 2008 football season and will be the only Division I on-campus football stadium south of Orlando in Florida.

I can see it now.
Ours will be 30,000 seats before theirs will be 45,000.
Then they're 45,000 so we add on 20,000 to beat them by 5,000.

Of course, if FIU's performance doesn't tun itself around from last year then building a stadium is pretty useless.

I'd like to see both programs blow up and have fans really go at each other, just be the Noles and Gators of the South, as it were.
Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

I still see no need for crummy end zone seats when the prime seats in the house are going to be lousy, existing bleachers. Put the money into a complete grandstand on each side and leave the ends zones empty, if necessary.

It will be a big improvement for FIU, but the design will result in a stadium with a big, ugly hole.
Back to the top

FIU stadium finalized

Again, Markey, those in the North Section (the existing ones) will be gone in 3-4 years (phase II of the stadium). You are wrong to say those are the prime seats in the house will be the existing bleachers. The South side, with 19 luxury suites and 1,400 club seats WILL be the prime seats, that is until the North Facade is built. At this stage, those existing bleachers, which are in the visitors side, won't be used much……..Don't worry about the hole, it will be patched up with an even nicer building…
Back to the top
Control functions: