Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Facilities Upgrades..

Add topic

I am currently up in Raliegh, NC for my nieces graduation and the trip kind of put things in persepective for me as far as our facilities goes.

The graduation ceremoies where held at Reynolds Coliseum at North Carolina State University - this is a old building that has no AC, boy did I sweet my balls-off on Friday during the ceremonies, thank God it was cut short. I know that Basketball is not played during the summer months and when the weather is much cooler, but the facilities are nothing to brag about.

I think it brought home the fact that FAU is in a very unique and good position, we are a very new program, as far as athletics goes, the only problem is, we grew-up to fast. We are in position to build much newer facilities then some of the olders schools that have been around longer and that have had time to establish strong traditions, but are force to play in older facilities that need major upgrades, at least for today's standards. Those strong traditions that these school has build, do hold their weight in gold and makes up for some pretty crappy facilities.

FAU is in good position to be able to upgrade and place forth much better facilities then some of these schools have, the Renovated Burrow will be a much better place then the Reynolds Coliseum, just a bit smaller. Not every school needs a 15,000 seat Coliseum and FAU is one of those.

The thing is FAU needs to be realistic in planning our facilities and if we have the smaller and very intimate venues it will add to the game time atmosphere and add to the game-time expereince and make it more enjoyable. Having limited seating is not always a bad thing as long as you have top-nocth facilities to call home.

Bigger is not always better, but if we plan smart & build something that can offer students, Alumni's, the community a place to assemble on game day, for all sports, you then have something to start build traditions.

Back to the top

Facilities Upgrades..

i took a game in there when we played them a while back…cant remember when it was, but it was the second time we played them, under billerman…it wasnt the time we beat them…that was under loomis…

anyway, yeah…that is the weirdest thing that building has no AC…and you are right, for an ACC school, certainly nothing to brag about…but there was like 12,000 people there to see the game…lol
Back to the top

Facilities Upgrades..

Facilities Upgrades..

NCSU no longer plays basketball in the antiquated Reynolds Coliseum. They moved to the RBC Center (which does have A/C) about five years ago. (The RBC Center is also the home of the NHL Carolina Hurricanes and is a very nice facility.)
Back to the top

Facilities Upgrades..

Been to the RBC for Hockey games - nice arena and great game time atmosphere.

Thanks for the update on the Colesium - good to know.
Back to the top
Control functions: