Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Raton News update on the 'Village

Add topic

…not too much new information, mostly just a Q&A with Tripp.

http://www.bocaratonnews.com/index.php?src=news&refno=20360&category=Local%20News

Somewhat concerning:

Tripp said this week he hopes the housing component of the plan will include a provision for affordable homes. ?We are looking at some type of affordable housing,? he said. ?In our case, I would hope it would be for faculty and staff. We could probably fill it from inside personnel.?

Tripp, however, said that to open affordable housing on campus to other middle-income workers in the community such as schoolteachers, police and firefighters is not out of the question.

?We do want to keep it appropriate to the university,? he said.

I think this is a really bad idea. Professors, graduate students, even staff from administrative positions, sure. But anybody not employed by the university or attended/attending the university shouldn't be brought on-campus.

Let's hope they make the right choice.
Back to the top

"Tripp said he hopes the BOT will get an update on the stadium situation at its September meeting."

I hope HS, Angelos, and Brogan are pushing like heck to get this thing wrapped up at the September meeting.

Back to the top

Another encouraging statment by the BOT, what a joke. I also like the part about the temp stadium costing to much.

"FAU President Frank T. Brogan hoped to set up a temporary stadium around the newly opened track to hold home games on campus this fall. Tripp said that would have cost around a million dollars ? money the university doesn?t have for that purpose."

I wonder what Tripp and his merry band of loosers plans are for 08 or maybe will skip the next few years until the regular stadium is finished.
Is it just me or are they (BOT) on another planet or in another time period. I will be surprised if they don't STALL this again in Septmber. If they don't have something now they won't in September. Typical when they are absolutly forced to do something they will (maybe). The importance of this is "0" and all they are doing is putting on a show to keep everyone off balance. So folks I would look ahead to the meeting after September which would be when November so it can be stalled until May of 08. I have no confidence in what they say or do. >:(
Back to the top

this just goes to show the WRONG types of "leaders" were selected for this Board…

nothing but pap and dribble…no vision, and small time thinkers…….

im really just plain sick of reading it…

if they cant get $5MIL raised to get this thing going in a few months, i Hope Brogan starts amending contracts for the "betterment" of the university with results clauses included for those in fundraising roles……
Back to the top

I agree Florida_Owl and add that Brogan buy a special steel toed safety shoe so when he boots them they will remember it.
Back to the top

talon said

Tripp said that would have cost around a million dollars ? money the university doesn?t have for that purpose

."

This is complete B.S.! If that is the case why not just pick up one more big money away game and get our temp. stadium?

If we want action, I think the best way to get it, is by flooding the Post & Sun-Sentinel with e-mails about our discontent with the current B.O.T. members. This might get us the results we are all looking for.
Back to the top

Isn't that seem incredible at this stage of the gameeven about the temp stadium. I'm telling you September will come and go and all we will hear is a whole lot of double talk and finger pointing. Tripp never mentioned what he (or they) will do (since the mill is to much) when they shut down Lockhart. They handed out that bull in May to make themselves look good. They found a blip in the process and magnified it to make the problem someone else's. We'll see but I really have a hard time believing in them and if they wavier I hope Brogan has the balls to take appropriate actionand start to get rid of them.

No More SMOKE and MIRRORS
Back to the top
Control functions: