Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

stadium

Add topic

I was looking at the pictures of the new UCF stadium. It looks pretty budget. When we do build ours is it going to be along the lines of that?

If it is, it boggles me its going to take 12 years to build a bigger lockhart because that's all it is.
Back to the top

stadium

Angelos has said it's going to be better without too much of a clear definition of what that means.

I'll tell you something – I'd be happy with the UCF stadium for now. I also think their Academical/Innovation Village is right on the money.

Whoever the conceptual people at UCF are…. we need to hire them. Because FAU doesn't have a clue what things are supposed to look/be like.

Consider UCF's student housing (they look like off-campus apartments, we have shoeboxes), their Greek housing (we're considering HPT-style apartment complexes with different Greek orgs on each floor), their arena, their hospitality building (looks like a hotel), their student union…

the designs are top-notch.
Back to the top

stadium

I was up at UCF just the other week and took a look around. If we got something half as nice it would still look pretty good.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

stadium

stadium

Lots of what UCF has been doing dates back about 8-10 years. It is a long process. They are only now seeing it all come together. The stadium will be one of the final pieces. Hopefully by the time FAU gets a stadium in place the rest of the campus will be up to speed.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

stadium

Does anybody think this will have an effect on us getting our stadium…All we need is to give the B.O.T. another excuse for delay…

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/09/08/m1b_harbor_0908.html

Back to the top

stadium

Not sure but the entire college system in Florida is going to hurt unless something is done.

The money for the stadium won't be coming from any educational funding. Mostly private donations and eventually revenue from retail.

Harbor Branch isn't loking too good right now. If the state doesn't honor that funding, Harbor Branch won't survive.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: