Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football Stadium feasibility study

Add topic

This was forwarded to me earlier today from the Boca Chamber. I think it would behoove all of us to fill this out!

In conjunction with Florida Atlantic University, the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce is requesting your assistance by asking you to complete a survey regarding a proposed new on-campus football stadium at FAU. Florida Atlantic University has retained Johnson Consulting, to assist in assessing the feasibility of constructing the proposed football stadium. Johnson Consulting is a professional services firm that specializes in sports facilities and is conducting this survey.

As a valued potential patron, your voice is an important measure of the quality and value that fans will receive while attending an event at the planned facility. This survey is designed to measure the level of interest that exists for premium seating at the new football stadium. Premium seating refers to luxury suites, loge boxes, and club seats. The information you provide will be strictly confidential and only aggregate results will be incorporated into the study.

Please take a few minutes to help FAU better serve you in the future by clicking here and completing the survey. All surveys should be completed by no later than Tuesday, August 28.

Thank you in advance for your time & assistance!

Sincerely,

The Boca Chamber Team

http://www.zoomerang.c…ntro.zgi?p=WEB226TRPDLMLK
Back to the top

The survey is bogus. It is only concerned with luxury suites, high dollar tickets, and high priced advertising.

It doesn't ask any questions geared toward fans who don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a game day experience.

They should be asking people what price they would pay for standard season tickets, how many people they would bring to a game, if they would offer a nominal donation to help fund the stadium, etc.

P.S. I filled it out anyway even though I can't afford a luxury suite, don't want to spend $1000 or more on season tickets, and have no need for advertising. I just pretended that I had big money in the bank.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I just did. step in the right direction.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The survey is bogus. It is only concerned with luxury suites, high dollar tickets, and high priced advertising.

It doesn't ask any questions geared toward fans who don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a game day experience.

True. I took it anyway. Told them I'd pay top dollar if it looked nice.
Back to the top

i think the point of the survey is not for the common fan but the businesses in Boca Raton. If there's enough interest in suites they'll probably build more than currently planned.
Back to the top

This probably has to do with the fund raising efforts to pay for the stadium. Angelos said on his blog a month or so ago that the ok was given to get started on the fund rasing.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I hope they are looking throughout Palm Beach county and not just the businesses of Boca Raton. Does Delray Beach, Boynton, Wellington count?

FAU should be aiming to be The university for the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches. Anything less is unfortunate.
Back to the top

They should really focus on alumni who have their own businesses. I am sure that someone who graduated from FAU would be far more likely to provide support than someone who went to UM, UF, or FSU and just happens to live in and have a business in the area from PSL to Fort Lauderdale.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

BMarkey makes a good point the target market should be no less then Broward, Palm Beach and the rest of the Treasure Coast. Work that intoi a solid market then go after your spot markets.
Back to the top

The survey was not bogus at all. If you're building the stadium are you going to count on season ticket holders and the onesie twosey ticket purchases or the corporations that drop close to a quarter of a million dollars to help fund the stadium?

Corporate sponsorships are HUGE. College football is big business.

I also suspect that the amount of business interest in purchasing a luxury suite will directly impact the BOT decision on building this project.
Back to the top
Control functions: