Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium!

Add topic

Stadium!

illinoisowl said

mh2os said

Would we really turn down the money if the name was bad? If the George Foreman Grill company shelled out the dough I'd be a proud season ticket holder in the Foreman Grill Stadium!! Looks like we'd only be the 2nd Sunbelt team with a corporate stadium (Troy = MovieGallery)
I even saw a few Miami Heat games in a big, ugly, pink building. I know our football stadium will look nicer than the Miami Arena ever did.

Someone on here, a regular board member, left a post way back in the spring saying that there was talk with someone who COULD/MIGHT donate $30-40mil towards the stadium. If anyone has the time they could go back to those months and find the posts. There was no word who the potential donor is. Just a inside scoop rumor. If there was any substance to that I would think now that the stadium has been approved, we might be hearing something again about it. I don't remember the board member's name that left that post. That is all the info we got.

The post you are refering to was from myself, and there was no mention of who the potentail donor was - as that was kept in confidence, and it didnt even bother to ask…

i havent spoken to the contact to since that time…but i plan on it within a few weeks after the announcement is made on the 17th or 18th…

They still work for Brogan directly…

i think the wheels will turn quick and the "talk" being ended with a concrete announcemnt will manifest an "in or out" as time will be of essence immediately…
Back to the top

Stadium!

Ted Hutton has posted an artist rendering of the new horseshoe shaped stadium on his blog. Ted is in the meeting going on right now.

go look

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Stadium!

Its approved!!

Back to the top

Stadium!

The one in the rendering is approved?
Back to the top

Stadium!

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/

FAU on-campus stadium APPROVED

> Posted by Ted Hutton at 2:25 PM

This just in: By unanimous vote, the BOT has approved plans for a $62 million, 30,000-seat on-campus stadium to open September 2010.

The vote was no surprise, but it took forever to get there. Nearly five hours of presentations, speeches, most b-o-r-i-n-g but I guess necessary. There were a couple nice hilites.

Couple heros for stadium backers: BOT chair Norm Tripp, who really did get choked up when he gave his speech, which was comparable to anything I have heard from The Voice.

"When [the state] gave us a university, they didn?t tell us we had to be a second rate university forever. We have the right to make this a world class institution right now. We have a right to bring to this university a full experience. We have the right to become a world class university."

Great stuff, and there was more.

And Craig Dunlap (see below).

WORD OF CAUTION: There is still work to do. The stadium is supposed to be self sufficient, so the money needs to come from sale of naming rights, suites, club seats, other sponsorships, donations, etc.

FAU has about a year to get the money lined up. Is there a chance they won't get it? Slim one, but I really, really doubt anything can stop this now.

More later, but I have to interview some folks. I do work for a newspaper.

Back to the top

Stadium!

Excellent! Let the money drive begin!
Back to the top

Stadium!

Stadium!

It would not surprise me to see it started ahead of schedule. The coach I'm sure wants to be be able to have more than a season or two coaching in the stadium. His contract ends in 2009.

Back to the top

Stadium!

Here is an article from the Palm Beach Post…with Kimberly Miller's typical negative-FAU slant…

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/south/epaper/2007/09/18/0818FAUSTAD.html

Marcus Nelson also updated his blog with the approval news, and describes the BoT's attitude toward the stadium as 'enthusiastic'…You wouldnn't get that impression reading Miller's article…But i've come to expect that from her work….

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/entries/2007/09/18/trustees_approve_stadium _plan.html
Back to the top

Stadium!

What the….

FAU basically took our exact stadium and cut 15,000 seats out.

Creative….?
Back to the top

Stadium!

UCFKnight85 said

What the….

FAU basically took our exact stadium and cut 15,000 seats out.

Creative….?

Thanks for the design!
Back to the top
Control functions: