Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium!

Add topic

Stadium!

Is that really the design? I swear to God it looks like someone took our design and photoshopped 15,000 seats out. It's the same exactly!!
Back to the top

Stadium!

UCFKnight85 said

Is that really the design? I swear to God it looks like someone took our design and photoshopped 15,000 seats out. It's the same exactly!!

ok…. take a deep breath… relax… and go watch re-runs of espn breaking the news that george o'leary lied on his resume to get the job at notre dame

it's a freaking "conceptual artist rendering"… this is the third THIRD one that has looked different… the stadium will look ten times different than THAT picture.. the point was to convince the BOT our stadium will be built LIKE and THROUGH the same process at UCF stadium's was… steel-frame, with 15,000 seats less

calm down buddy

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Stadium!

fauowl09 said

UCFKnight85 said

ok…. take a deep breath… relax… and go watch re-runs of espn breaking the news that george o'leary lied on his resume to get the job at notre dame

it's a freaking "conceptual artist rendering"… this is the third THIRD one that has looked different… the stadium will look ten times different than THAT picture.. the point was to convince the BOT our stadium will be built LIKE and THROUGH the same process at UCF stadium's was… steel-frame, with 15,000 seats less

calm down buddy

Wow, I didn't insult FAU, just remarked at how it's the exact same rendering.

But since you mentioned O'Leary, I bet ND would love to have him right now, considering his UCF team would smoke the farce of a team in Notre Dame now.
Back to the top

Stadium!

Stadium!

UCFKnight85 said

fauowl09 said

calm down buddy

Wow, I didn't insult FAU, just remarked at how it's the exact same rendering.

But since you mentioned O'Leary, I bet ND would love to have him right now, considering his UCF team would smoke the farce of a team in Notre Dame now.

Relax,

I may look similar to UCFs. We were using UCF as a model. We will be using the same contractor. I believe part of the strategy was to take advantage of the learning curves building the UCF stadium and save money on the FAU stadium.

It doesn't bother any of us that it may be a smaller twin of UCF, we are just glad to have a stadium approved.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Stadium!

I am sure that it will have a different facade to give it a unique style all its own. Also, it is going to be a horseshoe, way cooler than the bowl shape that UCF has.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Stadium!

owlfan1 said

I am sure that it will have a different facade to give it a unique style all its own. Also, it is going to be a horseshoe, way cooler than the bowl shape that UCF has.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree horseshoe is totally the new modern way to go, the bowl shape is soooo out dated. If you look close you can also see on our design, that there are water-fountains inside the stadium.
Back to the top

Stadium!

and better looking women in the seats!
Back to the top

Stadium!

faudiehard said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I agree horseshoe is totally the new modern way to go, the bowl shape is soooo out dated. If you look close you can also see on our design, that there are water-fountains inside the stadium.

The horseshoe is a classic. It isn't very common and it looks great.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Stadium!

Hell yeh - I'm a bit late to the party, but Great News indeed - I've been on the phone the past two hours.

I'm wondering what the facade will look like, will it be similar to the other renditions or closer to the one Teddy posted?

This has been one hell of a week.

Great time to be an Owl fan.

Go owls!!
Back to the top

Stadium!

On the fausports.com site, there is a picture from the meeting and you can see other renderings of what the stadium will look like on the screens in the background. Does anyone know where I can see those pictures?
Back to the top
Control functions: