Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium!

Add topic

Stadium!

owlfan1 said

fauowl09 said

1) where did you find that?

2) that's hideous, lol

It is from footballstadiumdigest.com

I actually like it. Although, it looks more like a European soccer stadium.

GO OWLS!!!

I am with you…I liiiiiike it….I liiiiike it alot!

p.s. Am I the only one…or do you feel ike a kid on x-mas morning opening up your gifts?
Back to the top

Stadium!

faudiehard said

owlfan1 said

It is from footballstadiumdigest.com

I actually like it. Although, it looks more like a European soccer stadium.

Oh yea, Christmas came a few months early this year!!! Wait until the stadium is actually built, this board is going to go nuts.

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

I am with you…I liiiiiike it….I liiiiike it alot!

p.s. Am I the only one…or do you feel ike a kid on x-mas morning opening up your gifts?

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Stadium!

owlfan1 said

I found this on the web. Evidently at one point this was a concept drawing for the stadium.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

If you look closely it shares the same general concept with the design that I have posted below on my signature. It is just more polished and more modern looking.

GO OWLS!!!

I like it but do you have the link?

It just seems strange that they would make a rendering so detailed and yet the buildings around it look nothing like FAU…
Back to the top

Stadium!

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

I found this on the web. Evidently at one point this was a concept drawing for the stadium.

If you look closely it shares the same general concept with the design that I have posted below on my signature. It is just more polished and more modern looking.

GO OWLS!!!

It just seems strange that they would make a rendering so detailed and yet the buildings around it look nothing like FAU…

That's not a rendering for FAU. If you look at the URL, it's for a stadium in Winnipeg, Canada for their CFL team. It's designed by HOK Sports, the firm that came up with the Dome rendering, so there are some similarities.

You can see a few more pictures of it near the bottom of this page: http://www.footballstadiumdigest.com/
Back to the top

Stadium!

yeah i had just noticed the same thing! Nice catch!
Back to the top

Stadium!

Lm77 said

owlcountry said

That's not a rendering for FAU. If you look at the URL, it's for a stadium in Winnipeg, Canada for their CFL team. It's designed by HOK Sports, the firm that came up with the Dome rendering, so there are some similarities.

You can see a few more pictures of it near the bottom of this page: http://www.footballstadiumdigest.com/

I found it by googling FAU stadium and it came up. My mistake. It still has some similarities in basic design to the proposed FAU stadium from way back when.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Stadium!

Stadium!

Its cool and all but i prefer old school for stadium design!
Back to the top

Wow that stadium would leave an impression on everyone im not sure what that impression would be….

Howard and the Prez need to put a Stadium Donation link on fausports.com….

I know I am ready to donate now, lets get this thing built already….
Back to the top

malibuowl said

Wow that stadium would leave an impression on everyone im not sure what that impression would be….

Howard and the Prez need to put a Stadium Donation link on fausports.com….

I know I am ready to donate now, lets get this thing built already….

You can always up your Owl Club level…
Back to the top

Some fans from USF were asking for hotels near lockhart on another thread and it funny how the City of Boca doesn't mention the fact that the FAU football games that are played at home will have an economic impact on the area. Such as Hotels, restaurant's, retail stores and I'm sure for a few years it may not amount to much in the eyes of the City fathers and the other cronies.

The proximity to the campus and to hotels and other things are not only close but the area is very nice compared to Lockfart in the middle of an industrial complex. God forbid if you have a problem with your vehicle after the crowd is gone. It's probably like "Resident Evil" around there when its lights out. Schnelly mentioned maybe getting things done faster I hope they can pull it off because I really believe if we are at Lockfart next year the and the City knowing it will be coming down, I doubt they will care much about what it looks like. 
Back to the top
Control functions: