Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blue Shovel update

Add topic

Re: Blue Shovel update

[email protected]     If he is using it anymore.

He's got to be planning something. I doubt he would just drop out like that.

He posted this on Ted Hutton's site if I remember correctly. He used this email address for people to send the amount of their pledge before they sent the money.

His last post on the old board as tampas1owl.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://fausports.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1185283282&page=7

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Geeze, I hope he wasn't overtaken by that tsunami of overnight Bull fans and bought thousands of blue and gold shovels! :)
Back to the top

People he may have just pulled off one heck of a scam. Nobody knows where he is…this was supposed to be done for week one…sounds pretty fishy to me.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

People he may have just pulled off one heck of a scam. Nobody knows where he is…this was supposed to be done for week one…sounds pretty fishy to me.

GO OWLS!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

What would be worse is if he was an FIU fan!
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

No, he didn't pull a scam.  I donated $100, but it was collected by FAU Foundation.  I think he tried to do a good thing and then I think FAU didn't want the shovel thing to happen.  I don't know what they are using my money for, but if it goes to the satdium I'm ok with it.  Someone should at least tell us however.

Ed, if you are out there…it's cool.  Your heart was in the right place!
Back to the top

I was just kidding but there should be some communication from the entity that cashed the checks.
Back to the top

fauowl said

No, he didn't pull a scam.  I donated $100, but it was collected by FAU Foundation.

You're abosultely right…he certainly did not…nothing shady, nothing array…

i cant and wont speak for ED…

what i do know, there was some major issues with the vendor getting them made/meeting the deadline…they basically renigged on a verbal comittment for a specified amount, by a specified date, for a specified cost after the fact - unless another significant amount of money was paid for shipping…

at present, the money is sitting (without a clear path back to the donors) in the hands of a secure FAU foundation account…

what is to be done with the monies would be the cause to be determined…
Back to the top

As long as everything is on the straight and narrow, which it seems to be, I think the money should dumped into the stadium fund. Just a thought.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Well hopefully everything is fine and still in the works.

However, if things are not right, I would like to make a suggestion, that depending on the size of your donation, you get a certain amount of whacks, to beat Ed like a freaking pinata
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

I gave Ed, the blue shovel guy, a phone number of my old promotions person (who did shirts and buttons and what not.) She e-mailed me two weeks ago and said that they were still trying to find shovels. So, by that, it sounds like they are still working to try and find shovels.

The money I'm sure is safe in the FAU Foundation Account - along with the brick campaign money. We (prOWLers and prOWLer alumni) are just waiting for the first "sweep" of the account to go through so we can start back at $0. When the stadium needs construction money (i.e. rent is due), they will "sweep" the account(s), the brick account being one of them, and the money will go to the stadium expenses. That's my understanding.

Brick campaign is up over $1,500 fund raised since June 1.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: