Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

Add topic

Re: Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

Well, I would say we have compensated the best we can given the injuries, we are 3-0 in the conference, and as for Troy - we don't seem to have a problem getting up for the big game. Every win, every opponent matters, we can all sit here and ask why can't they play that well every week, it looks easier than it is.

A win, is a win, is a win.

Don't violate the Cheerios on Sunday Morning after a win!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

jdirico said

yeah i do have an idea. but seriously, they just ran the ball, never threw it and were able to move it down the field at will. I really don't think our defense is strong. At the beginning of the season i thought our offense was going to struggle but our defense would keep us in the games.

they moved the ball way to easy tonight. I thought this would be  heads up and  game for them but it wasn't. Good teams overcome injuries. i have followed the team everyday since inception, I've been on this board since it was five guys. So don't act like I'm some random guy. be honest.
Wow jd..who peed in your wheaties this morning.  ;D :-*
I don't think ULL's record reflects their true offensive abilities.  We are a little more porous on defense than I'd like us to be but we've managed to make adjustments with some key players out.  I think they will watch tape and make the necessary adjustments to plug the holes well enough to run our home conference games.  It takes a few games for replacements to come up to speed and doing it on the road is even more daunting.  Since you have been there since the beginning you have to have faith that the coaching staff will make the changes we need to finish games.  Troy is another story but I don't think you should classify our D as a joke.  Go Owls!
Back to the top

good win, scary, but we got the W and thats what matters. going in i thought we would win easily, but that was before i knew much about ULL's offense. I think a HUGE difference in this  year's team and last years, is that we make the big plays when needed. last year against ULL(correct me if I'm wrong) we were down with a min or so and dropped a TD pass in the endzone, or something like that. we couldn't make the big plays last year, and this year it seems that we are. the drive to tie the game is proof of that. once we did that, i had a good feeling that we'd pull it out after that drive. BTW, did anyone else notice when dave lamont "WHY DON'T YOU THROW A FLAG NOW?!?!?!" i thought that was hilarious, i was mad at the time because they just scored, but i still couldnt stop myself from laughing at that.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

ULL came in to spoil us they have nothing to loose, as everyone has said the "D" is playing with a lot of newbies and will continue to get better. They are already showing a lot of improvement since the N. Texas game and Hoza will get them right. fauowls44 and others have said that mobile QB's are probably our weakest point on D and I'm positive after last night the "D" will make necessary adjustments to slow that down. We are still a fairly young team and a plus is that a lot of these younger players are seeing some hard time on the field. This all helps with depth and going into the next season with even more experience through the Depth Chart. A side note is that with new kids coming in they will experience the strength of the Scout teams because some of the players they have game experience and they will realize what is expected of them. That will be tough on new kids but great for depth for the future of the team.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Hate to say it, Troy is gonna EAT us alive.

yeah, just like mini-SOTA right? ;)

(HAD to bud !)
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

owlfamily said

Dodged the bullet,

Hate to say it, Troy is gonna EAT us alive.

On paper, they may today, but we have another 4 games to improve before we play Troy.

We just showed some heart.  You never know what may happen by December 1.

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

illinoisowl said

According to Ted Hutton, Edgecomb may have broken his ankle.  Injuries are piling up. I hope we have some starters left to play against Troy.

Marcus Nelson reported in the Palm Beach Post that the X-rays were negative.  Hopefully he doesn't miss much time.

Ted's blog says positive…

ok, who really knows ???
Back to the top

We looked much worse last year in the 6-0 loss before we beat ASU 29-0. That game was a complete victory, offensively and defensively. So I don't think this last game is a trend although I am concerned about all the injuries.

We have to give credit to LB Michael Lockley. His blocked PAT is the reason the game went to OT otherwise Howard would have been forced to go for 2.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

going for two might not be such a bad idea from now on. It's pretty pathetic when you have to hold your breath for a PAT to tie the game with no time left. I've lost my faith in our kicking team.
Back to the top
Control functions: