Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Official Game Week Thread: FAU vs FIU

Add topic

Again lets try to use this thread for all discussion of the upcoming games against FIU, I think it works well keeping everything in one thread, makes it easier to keep up with everything, not having to look at multiple threads for discussion on a similar opponent.

Back to the top

Re: Official Game Week Thread: FAU vs FIU

I'll get it started with this artilce from the Miami Herald:

Link: Cristobal, Schnellenberger pioneers all their own

Back to the top

This is a game we should take very seriously, the Golden Kitties will look at ending their 22 game losing streak and would be more then happy to end our conference Title hopes.  This is a game against a cross town rival and will have a highten level of energy and if we don't come out ready to play, it could end badly.

Again are we contenders or pretenders?  Lets take care of business and set-up a great game against Troy to decide the Title - not looking ahead of course  ;)

FIU is winless, but do have enough talent to pose a threat if the Owls overlook the Kitties.
Back to the top

Every team is dangerous especially if you take them too lightly. Last year's winless FIU team nearly beat Maryland. They lost on a FG with 2  seconds left to Arkansas State. Lionell Singleton had a punt return for a TD while FAU struggles on special teams. Illinois beat Ohio State but lost to weaker teams in Michigan and Iowa.

FAU should win but that does not mean they will. Wisconsin is 9-3 this year but 1-11 Minnesota gave them all they could handle.
Back to the top

The Owls got some praise for hanging with the gators for part of the game. If they gained a mile with that game, they will lose 10 miles in a loss to FIU.  It would be so bad to be the team that ends their losing streak.

I have no doubt that Coach S is trying to mentally prepare them. I just hope it sinks in.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Official Game Week Thread: FAU vs FIU

Bytor said

wow…that's quite a stretch by the herald calling crystal-ball a "pioneer", and putting him in the same ranks as Howard…pioneer at what?!  ???
Back to the top

just looked at the latest line and FAU is +11.5…

wow, that is the highest we have been favored this season, no??
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Now, the tough part is covering.
Back to the top

cjdub21 said

Florida_Owl said

Now, the tough part is covering.

agree…good thing it is a road game…

imagine if we were at Lockhart…it would be at aleast +14….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Bytor said

wow…that's quite a stretch by the herald calling crystal-ball a "pioneer", and putting him in the same ranks as Howard…pioneer at what?!  ???

I think he just wanted to say something complimentary while in his presence. I mean, it's hard to measure Cristobal by what he has to work with now.

His first recruits will be in 2008 so by 2011 we'll have a better idea of how good of a coach he is then (and "by 2011" I mean any time between 2008 and 2011).

If FIU spent the entire off-season (and I mean the entire off-season) running drills, they might put up a good fight against USF next season. A win vs USF would be great for them and would probably nab them some national attention, although I don't know how likely a win vs USF would be considering that USF will recruit well this year and their best guys will be healthy/fired-up for the first game.

What FIU is missing is a great QB. It would be a fair bet to say that Cristobal is looking for a strong running QB since those are doing so well this year.
Back to the top
Control functions: