Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl appearance prompts $500000 donation to the stadium

Add topic

Topic Galleries - Sun Sentinel

FAU Athletic Director Craig Angelos said a donor committed $500,000 to the stadium project after the team snagged a spot in the bowl game.
Back to the top

Re: Bowl appearance prompts $500000 donation to the stadium

sweet…

so that should put funding at $1M that we know of??

$5M is the "magic number" to get the dirt moving early…….
Back to the top

And so it begins…..

A WIN will be even more huge. THAT might just get the naming rights.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

And so it begins…..

A WIN will be even more huge. THAT might just get the naming rights.

It did for UCF maybe we'll be just as fortunate

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Bowl appearance prompts $500000 donation to the stadium

That's awesome to hear, can't wait to see where my new seats will be.
Back to the top

we've got three months left to get the thing built by 2009…

we'll know in 90 days…
Back to the top

Let's start by winning the bowl game, that should kick a few donors waiting on the sidelines into action.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Howard announced it at the breakfast Monday, it was Talbot or something close to that, not sure what he does, thought it was real estate, but i could be wrong.

They are going to name an entrance to the new stadium after him, not bad for $500k.. Maybe i can get a parking spot named after me for my $100..

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

Howard announced it at the breakfast Monday, it was Talbot or something close to that, not sure what he does, thought it was real estate, but i could be wrong.

They are going to name an entrance to the new stadium after him, not bad for $500k.. Maybe i can get a parking spot named after me for my $100..

They name entrances? Weird.

I heard they were going to build a clocktower and use that as a naming opportunity…. $500k for a clocktower sounds like a better option than an entrance…

Back to the top

Peyton77 said

You've got to be kidding me?… His name is Greg Talbott. He is in real estate and development. He owns most of Boca's Commercial real estate. He is also the same guy that was all over the papers about 2 years ago, because he beat his wife in a restaraunt and then had the chief of police bail him out of jail. Of course the chief got fired, but ole' Greg got off scott free… If I did not want this stadium so bad, I will tell the guy to take his money and stick it up his______. This must be one of his little PR moves to try and get his name back on good graces within the community. If you want to read more google: Greg Talbott. THE GUY IS A REAL PCS. OF WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: