Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

off topic but......

Add topic

Is there any word that we'll play on campus next year? I would hate to lose the hype of this season with another two years at lockhart.
Back to the top

Re: off topic but......

Exit39 said

Is there any word that we'll play on campus next year? I would hate to lose the hype of this season with another two years at lockhart.

A temporary stadium is on the Minor Projects list but the only progress listed there is "gathering data/costs for press boxes, bleachers, etc" … the same thing it said a month and a half ago.

I see us using Lockhart in 2008 and then using a temporary on-campus space in 2009… either the track or the same place as the permanent stadium.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Exit39 said

A temporary stadium is on the Minor Projects list but the only progress listed there is "gathering data/costs for press boxes, bleachers, etc" … the same thing it said a month and a half ago.

I see us using Lockhart in 2008 and then using a temporary on-campus space in 2009… either the track or the same place as the permanent stadium.

What about Boca High? It's close and it's a brand new field play there for 1 year donate some money to their school and I'm sure they'd be happy.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

off topic but......

Jab979 said

owlcountry said

Exit39 said

What about Boca High? It's close and it's a brand new field play there for 1 year donate some money to their school and I'm sure they'd be happy.

Very bad idea, we already are the laughing stock for a stadium with lockhart, i would rather play in a temp stadium then at a highschool stadium, even though lockhart is a glorified highschool stadium..

Peyton
Back to the top

sounds bad but i think the boca high stadium would pull more fans….closer to campus…..but they can keep me in lockheart for another two years…..

Atleast you can buy over-priced beers at lockheart
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

sounds bad but i think the boca high stadium would pull more fans….closer to campus…..but they can keep me in lockheart for another two years…..

It's a good idea except for one problem - parking.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Nunzio42 said

It's a good idea except for one problem - parking.

With it being across the street maybe we can get some kind of bus to take students there I'm sure a lot would walk but Glades isn't the safest road in America to be dodging traffic on lol. Doesn't Boca High have a parking lot? I know it's a H.S. stadium but it's A LOT closer then Lockhart and I agree with Nunzio that a lot more people would go, especially the college kids who get hammered the night before and can sleep until 3:30 wake up throw on an FAU T-shirt get to the game by 4 and watch FAU kick some @$$

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

No chance.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

No chance.

Nope.
Back to the top

I dont know what they are doing over at Boca High, but why arent we thinking about leasing our stadium for them and other high school teams in the area?  With Boca High, we could have had a sort of lend-lease agreement where we would get the right to develop the current sight of Boca High stadium into either dorms or commercial development in exchange for playing at FAU. 

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: