Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Where is that Stadium?

Add topic

Alright we have had a hell of a year now all we need to do is get that stadium up and running!!!
Back to the top

Re: Where is that Stadium!

Where is that Stadium?

I think I heard something like we have 90 days or something until we know for sure whether we got naming rights and if this stadium can be built any quicker. I could be wrong of course but I think that's what I heard

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I think I heard something like we have 90 days or something until we know for sure whether we got naming rights and if this stadium can be built any quicker. I could be wrong of course but I think that's what I heard

Yep. in January they're supposed to go on a major, major fundraising blitz. They have three months from now to get the money if they want the stadium up by 2009.

I have a good feeling about it but I don't want to jinx anything. The sooner the better, especially with Lockhart being a question mark for 2009.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

The conference championship and bowl victory is going to make it much much much easier to accomplish that.  I hope the BoT has noticed the incredible amount of good publicity this has brought to the university.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

Yep. in January they're supposed to go on a major, major fundraising blitz. They have three months from now to get the money if they want the stadium up by 2009.

I have a good feeling about it but I don't want to jinx anything. The sooner the better, especially with Lockhart being a question mark for 2009.

Thanks for filling me in, glad to know I'm not crazy haha. There was an article in the Sentinel about UCF's stadium and how brighthouse had serious doubts and wanted to pull out of the naming rights deal but after they won their bowl game they reconsidered and within those 3 months they had a name for their stadium. Between the Bowl game and the Debate as long as everyone behaves themselves I think someone will step forward

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The naming rights should be more than $1 million per year (what UCF got) with the location clearly visible from I-95. It will probably be the largest source of revenue. Hopefully potential sponsors will want to get on board sooner rather than later to pick up on all the upcoming press leading up to the new stadium. I still think we won't have it until 2010 but I do hope that something  temporary can be built for next season and we can leave Lockhart behind.
Back to the top

I spoke to Frank Brogan before the game and he said that they are working very hard on getting a major corporate sponsor. He seemed very optimistic.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

i hope 09 happens…….boca high and a temporary cant hold us now!  Lockheart should be interesting if we get a large jolt of fans
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

i hope 09 happens…….boca high and a temporary cant hold us now!  Lockheart should be interesting if we get a large jolt of fans

obviously 90% of me wants to go into our OWN stadium on campus tomorrow - or 7 years ago, for that matter…

but there is 10% of me that wants to see lockhart sold out for ONE game (no, not with 50% USF fans and 50% FAU fans), but 100% FAU fans… jsut to know we built this thing the right way and deserve this beautiful new stadium

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Nunzio42 said

obviously 90% of me wants to go into our OWN stadium on campus tomorrow - or 7 years ago, for that matter…

but there is 10% of me that wants to see lockhart sold out for ONE game (no, not with 50% USF fans and 50% FAU fans), but 100% FAU fans… jsut to know we built this thing the right way and deserve this beautiful new stadium

I agree, a sold-out Lockhart with nothing but FAU fans would be awesome. I'm hoping that it is up by 2009…because then I'll get to march in it  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: