Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Pics on TH's blog

Add topic

Re: Stadium Pics on TH's blog

Grayowl, they are doing the buy a brick campaign which would allow you to have your name engraved into a brick that would go into the stadium.  I think I remember it being $100 or so, right?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Pay to sponsor a urinal? That's very funny. For $250, I might do it, though I probably would use someone else's name. (And if anyone else likes this idea, for $250 I would be pleased to dedicate to you the urinal I just had installed in the bathroom near my home theater area. Cash only, please.)

Urinals aside, inside a stadium or arena, there are lower-end possibilities. Some have concourse walls with grids of tiles that are sponsored (not unlike the bricks outside). Perhaps a combo deal is possible. Paid fund-raisers should be able to think of numerous things. These low-end things would not compete with big-ticket items (primarily for businesses and big-time sponsors) and they would open the process to many people who otherwise could be shut out.
Back to the top

Stadium Pics on TH's blog

Brick campaign, in conjunction with athletics, is being run and managed by the prOWLers. $75 and $125 are the brick prices. This is a great way to contribute a small amount of money.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I agree. I'm just saying you might get people to double it by selling a combo of something outside the stadium (bricks) as well as inside (wall tiles, or something).
Back to the top

Anybody see that its no longer a Horseshoe?  Reactions?

I kind of like the shade thing happening there, and I like that it has more club seats than UCF….But I also think it should have more Suites.  UCF's 24 sold out really quick, I feel like we should have 30 considering the Ritz that is Boca.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL, I don't think we can really go by these pictures.  If I had a lot of money, I'd bet all of it that the stadium's final product would look a lot different than what we see here.

I am sure the architects will have some ideas of their own.

I'd hope they'd keep the horseshoe idea so we can expand eventually.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

do you know if that is for sure??

personally, i like the east open to allow for air flow…its going to get HOT, HOT, HOT in there in August and September!
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

What does that mean for expansion? When they first talked about expanding in the future they said they would close up the horseshoe and put more seats over there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

SeminOWL2006 said

What does that mean for expansion? When they first talked about expanding in the future they said they would close up the horseshoe and put more seats over there

Maybe that is still the plan, the rendering might just show the second stage.

I agree with SeminOwl…I like the east end open for the breeze.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I was at Eastern Carolina University this year they have one end open and it kills the crowd, it makes it feel like its you vs. the other side when your split apart. Plus its a lot louder whe its all enclosed. I like these pictures a lot better than the previous drawings. The other one looked like a glorified lockhart.
Back to the top
Control functions: