Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NEW - Stadium Pictures

Add topic

I figured I would post all the new artist renditions of the Stadium here for easy access:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: NEW - Stadium Pictures

I think that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life  :'(
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I think that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life  :'(

I am going to concieve my first child in that stadium.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

here are a little better quality pictures:

Back to the top

walty12 said

faudiehard said

I am going to concieve my first child in that stadium.

Welp….that should definitely show the BOT how excited we are to get our stadium…. ;D
Back to the top

There are a lot of other pictures on that site if you look around… here are a few:

Back to the top

NEW - Stadium Pictures

Thanks guys for those pics - much better.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

There are a lot of other pictures on that site if you look around… here are a few:

Excellent link. I've been waiting FOREVER to see these.

DEFINITELY check out some of the other pictures, for instance
http://pubweb.fau.edu/innov/STUFF/102607Scene23_30k.jpg

which shows the current end of the Breezeway (upper right corner), Exercise center on the left, Alumni Center on the right (No more light tower?)

then back up and see how the whole thing is going to look
http://pubweb.fau.edu/innov/STUFF/102607Scene20_30k%20copy.jpg

Not sure where the people who live in the Innovation Village East Apartments are going to park… that's a bit of a walk from the garages they're building back there, especially if you have groceries…

Back to the top

It looks great.

How much of this is in the first phase?

Is that a new arena next to the stadium?

Those are the new dorms to the west of the stadium, right? What is the complex east of the stadium? More dorms?

Are those two parking decks to the left (west) of the fountain? Aren't they too close?

Where are the shops and restaurants?

Is that a new field house/offices/training rooms in the south end zone?

What will be in the building below the stadium club and press boxes? Or maybe that's not a building, but suites, etc, bolted onto the stadium structure? I know Troy has a true building housing everything from suites to athlete fitness center, classrooms and such on six floors. (I just looked at th pictures again and the building does seem to be from the ground up.)

It appears to me from these renderings (outside view) that the stadium would have to be sunk into the ground (as Troy's and some other 'Belt stadiums are) in order to have two decks and be high enough to fit the projected attendance. The outside view does not show stands tall enough.

Why is the stadium seemingly jiggered to the northwest. It looks odd, but maybe that would make it truly a north-south configuration?

Back to the top

BMarkey said

It looks great.

How much of this is in the first phase?  not sure… the student rec center / alumni center is "officially" phase I which is under construction… the stadium is phase II… other than that, i'm not sure anyone knows exactly what is what right now

Is that a new arena next to the stadium?  yes…. slated for 2012-2013

Those are the new dorms to the west of the stadium, right? What is the complex east of the stadium? More dorms?  yes… not sure which is which, but one is undergrad… one is grad… maybe mixed in, not that many grad students go to FAU… don't know 100% what is what

Are those two parking decks to the left (west) of the fountain? Aren't they too close?  drawing is not to scale, lol

Where are the shops and restaurants?  good question… i was wondering the same

Is that a new field house/offices/training rooms in the south end zone?  pretty sure

What will be in the building below the stadium club and press boxes? Or maybe that's not a building, but suites, etc, bolted onto the stadium structure? I know Troy has a true building housing everything from suites to athlete fitness center, classrooms and such on six floors.  ?????

It appears to me from these renderings (outside view) that the stadium would have to be sunk into the ground (as Troy's and some other 'Belt stadiums are) in order to have two decks and be high enough to fit the projected attendance. The outside view does not show stands tall enough.  ?????

Why is the stadium seemingly jiggered to the northwest. It looks odd, but maybe that would make it truly a north-south configuration?  yes… FAU is not naturally N-S… needs to be angled a little

Back to the top
Control functions: