Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: FAU vs North Carolina

Add topic

Re: Series Thread: FAU vs North Carolina

owlfamily said

Everyone may want to read Coach Clooney's post before they go much further in this debate.

;D
Who is coach Clooney?  I am sure he is positive about it, but what do you want him to say? It was awful? That would be bright.  Tell the people that write your checks their ideas stink.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

BTW…I love the band, I have watched them grow from the Hawaiian shirts and Khakis to the beginnings of a real band.  I think for it's size they sound and preform great.  The members are just as much a part of this genesis at FAU as the football team is.  I just don't believe they belong at the baseball games, baseball is a very tradition rich sport and this doesn't fit.  Once again…just my opinion.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Preface:

I am not commenting on "The Band at the Baseball Park" - a hornet's nest i dont care to enter…but, would like to add to the premise below:

Fledgling said

That would be bright.  Tell the people that write your checks their ideas stink.

Or tell them you like them, when you dont - which is worse?

The latter.

How it should be:

"What do you think subordinant"?

"I dont like it."

"Ok, thank you for your thoughts. But, i am in charge, so i am making the call."

"And, I like it."

Call made.

Result:

The one who makes the call is accountable if it fails.

The subordinate who was asked thier opinion is not.

What we dont need:

A "kiss ass" afraid to tell thier true thoughts because of $.

What we do need:

A competent administration who is has courtesy to ask those involved in the direct line of thier decisions for their professional opinion on matters that affects areas they are stewards over.
Back to the top

Anyway….
getting back to the game. I was unfortunately not able to make this series. I heard there was a near record crowd on Friday (what is the attendance record for baseball?) and I heard Sunday's game had a good amount of people. It's disappointing we lost but our offense had to do something right to score 13 runs. Hope their pitching and D come around especially once we get into the sun belt part of the schedule.

I hope we can continue to attract big schools to come play here, if UNC's experience was a positive one which I can't see why it wouldn't be maybe other big name schools will come here to play us

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The baseball attendance record is 2516 set back in 2001
FAU vs UM Box 2 - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site
We had a great crowd Friday night at 1658.  For those who went to the game friday imagine almost 900 more people jammed into the stadium and winning 11-10 on a squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th.  Truly the most exciting game ever played at FAU.  After that Miami was too chicken to come back to play at FAU-up until this year-lets hope we see the same result as last time.

Jab979 said

Anyway….
getting back to the game. I was unfortunately not able to make this series. I heard there was a near record crowd on Friday (what is the attendance record for baseball?)
Back to the top

Series Thread: FAU vs North Carolina

Burrowingowl said

The baseball attendance record is 2516 set back in 2001
FAU vs UM Box 2 - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site
We had a great crowd Friday night at 1658.  For those who went to the game friday imagine almost 900 more people jammed into the stadium and winning 11-10 on a squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th.  Truly the most exciting game ever played at FAU.  After that Miami was too chicken to come back to play at FAU-up until this year-lets hope we see the same result as last time.

Jab979 said

Anyway….
getting back to the game. I was unfortunately not able to make this series. I heard there was a near record crowd on Friday (what is the attendance record for baseball?)

I remember that series. That'd be great if we can get over 2,000 people for the UM game but it's on a week day so not sure if that will happen. Wasn't in '01 when we tied our own NCAA record for consecutive wins?

Back to the top

This isn't a shot at the band …

That's exactly what it is. You and one or two other posters write phrase like "I love the band, but …" and then you insult the musicians, cheerleaders and dancers anyway.

One of you insulted the baseball coach by denying his posts to be legitimate. At least you apologized later for that.

Bands do and have played at other baseball games, and the bottom line is, Coach Cooney likes it. Just like how Coach Schnelleberger likes blue, live music and baseball are officially approved at FAU.

I can't believe you would rather sit bored between innings with no music (didn't hear much Saturday) or the same-old canned crap.

I suggest you use your energy to fight the things that are bad about FAU, rather than ripping that which is good.

And I'll cool down my head when poorly thought out, insulting opinions stop. You've got yours and I got mine.

BTW, nothing about baseball in February a mile from the Gulf Stream, using metal bats is traditional. FAU should and is making its own traditions, and rightly so.
Back to the top

I don't like broccoli at baseball games either

HA! Defend that one.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

That's exactly what it is. You and one or two other posters write phrase like "I love the band, but …" and then you insult the musicians, cheerleaders and dancers anyway.
When did anyone ever insult the band, dancers, etc… No one "insulted" anyone, by saying they don't think the band should be there that's their right to share an opinion on how they feel, it's not insulting.

One of you insulted the baseball coach by denying his posts to be legitimate. At least you apologized later for that.
Ok so if someone comes on here and says they are Howard Schnellenberger are you going to believe them just because they said that's who they are? I don't think so.

And I'll cool down my head when poorly thought out, insulting opinions stop. You've got yours and I got mine.
Exactly! So what are you getting so worked up about?! No one is always going to agree on everything 100% of the time.

Coach Cooney likes it. Just like how Coach Schnelleberger likes red, live music and baseball are officially approved at FAU.
I know coach Cooney likes it but again we are entitled to our opinions and in our opinion we don't like it. Cooney would never say I like the bands at the game and if you don't well then you're flat out wrong!  Howard hates Red for FAU football but if Coach Walters thinks everyone should wear Red to all mens basketball games is he wrong for sharing his opinion?

Back to the top

Good God this is getting rediculous and somewhat humorous.  Is this the baseball/softball forum or did Bytor or LM secretly change this to a band forum.  Im not even going to respond to another band post on the baseball forum because ill probably just start hating some of you guys.  So what, some of us like the band at the baseball games some of us dont.  Can we please just get back to talking about balls and strikes over here on the Baseball Forum
Back to the top
Control functions: