Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

When will FAU start construction on its stadium?

Add topic

Re: When will FAU start construction on its stadium?

Great posts on the new stadium. Let's all believe in it happening on schedule. I know we all wish it would be ready for this upcoming season but I guess the plan is for Michigan State to open it up with us, and that will draw lot's of media exposure for FAU and even more when the Owls win!
And as a Urban and Regional Planning grad I am very glad to see the foresight in looking ahead to a day when a 65,000 seat stadium will be needed. I don't honestly know if that day will ever come but we must plan for it because it is a possibility, especially if we ever do get into the Big East Conference or even an enlarged ACC or SEC.
Back to the top

Hotel,

I haven't done a search on it yet, but is that bid for engineers/architects an open bid?  I would like to send it out to some of our engineering clients.  Without stepping on anyone's toes of course.  I just want to get this project moving ASAP, like everyone else.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Good clarification…the stadium is slated for 30k, not 65k…65k is "drawn into the plans for possible long term (if at all) consideration " only at this stage…

i think, by the sound of it initially, some took this to be the "current proposal"…this is not the case…

Definitely wasn't clear to me that was the "just in case" scenario. I was about to have a conniption.  :-X

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

When will FAU start construction on its stadium?

duder said

Hotel,

I haven't done a search on it yet, but is that bid for engineers/architects an open bid?  I would like to send it out to some of our engineering clients.  Without stepping on anyone's toes of course.  I just want to get this project moving ASAP, like everyone else.

I don't know anything about the bidding.  The quote in my first post was all the info I received in the email from my fraternity brother.
Back to the top

Thanks Hotel,  just figured I'd give it a shot.  I think we are past any deadlines anyway.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

HOTEL said

I received an email today from a Fraternity Brother …

"Well, folks, the call for architects/engineer s has just been released by the FAU Planning Department.  I've convinced my boss, and we are going after the contract.  Wish us luck."
dose this mean the stdium is 100 percent getting built on time
Back to the top

Did anyone else see the picture for the 65,000 seater rendering? mmm. Makes me warm and fuzzy.. even though we would need an undefeated season every year from here to 2020 to even consider getting a stadium that size.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

30,000 seat

45,000 seat

65,000 seat

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

is that possibly how the expansions would work?
Back to the top

What is the end zone building that appears to be missing in all but the 35,000-seat rendering? Is it something that is planned or just filler for the rendering?
Back to the top
Control functions: