Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Smile: $1.25 million donation for the stadium

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbcsouth/content/south/epaper/2008/03/25/0325smile.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=75

Florida Atlantic University announced the first major donor for its football stadium today: A $1.25 million contribution from the teeth whitening company SmileXpress.
Back to the top

Re: Smile: $1.25 million donation for the stadium

Wow! thats excellent news. Maybe putting their names all over our shirts helped lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

First known Corporate Stadium Donor!!

Smile: $1.25 million donation for the stadium

SmileXpress has donated $1.25 million.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/south/epaper/2008/03/25/0325smile.html

Smile: FAU gets $1.25 million donation for stadium
Click-2-Listen
By KIMBERLY MILLER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Florida Atlantic University announced the first major donor for its football stadium today: A $1.25 million contribution from the teeth whitening company SmileXpress.

A Web site for the company says it is opening "spas" in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton and Wellington.

The donation is part philanthropic contribution and part sponsorship, which could include naming rights.

The details of the donation will be announced during a formal ceremony Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Tom Oxley Founders Lounge on FAU's Boca Raton campus.

SmileXpress has donated to FAU's athletic program in the past and is listed on its sponsor page.

FAU is hoping to open a 30,000-seat, $62 million stadium by fall 2010. Its financing depends on bonds supported by ticket and concession sales, parking fees, naming rights and donations.

FAU is asking for $20 million for naming rights to the stadium.

But $1.25 million could buy a cornerstone, which are going for $1 million, or two elevators at $50,000 each.

Back to the top

Wonder what that "bought" them.  ;D

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

ok, then thats 3.5M…we need 5M to push dirt for 2009? Right? Or is it 8M?

Back to the top

I have never heard of them, but it is a step in the right direction.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

ok, then thats 3.5M…we need 5M to push dirt for 2009? Right? Or is it 8M?

I think 2009 is out of the picture. I think the focus is just getting it built now.
Back to the top

Lago said

I think 2009 is out of the picture. I think the focus is just getting it built now.

We have until late April per HS…
Back to the top

ahh. some good news.
Back to the top

I could be wrong, but I believe an existing donor and Owl Club member owns that company. Instead of making this donation in his name, it looks like he made the donation in the name of the company.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: