Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Boca officials warn FAU to wait to build stadium until road additions are made"

Add topic

Boca's back at it.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/south/epaper/2008/04/08/0407bocastadium.html

It makes me wonder if Boca understands that Lockhart is going down soon and we won't have anywhere to play if we don't build the stadium in 2010. No, I think they understand but don't give a s***. And since they don't have the money for the interchange, they could delay our stadium indefinitely by never really getting the money for the interchange.
Back to the top

Re: "Boca officials warn FAU to wait to build stadium until road additions are made"

Its questionable how long Lockhart will be around. The important thing is, for the health of the football program, we need a stadium NOW.  The coaching staff cannot continue to tell recruits they will play in the new stadium if they don't know when it will be completed.  They were telling this to recruits before it was approved.  This has gone on long enough! The coaches also cannot continue to recruit and sell the idea of FAU with a run down high school stadium in the next county.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: "Boca officials warn FAU to wait to build stadium until road additions are m

I am sure that is what the city would like to see, but they don't have any say as to what is or isn't built on campus.  If anything, it is an effort to put a little more pressure on getting the interchange funded sooner by the state and DOT.
Back to the top

Re: "Boca officials warn FAU to wait to build stadium until road additions are made"

Good thing the stadium is not on city property.  They can say whatever they want and kiss our a$$ after!  ;D

But, I don't think FAU has the gall… my gut feeling has always been the stadium wouldn't be ready by 2010.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: "Boca officials warn FAU to wait to build stadium until road additions are m

It should read,

"FAU warns Boca officials to build road additions before stadium is made"

;D

www.essency.net
Back to the top

The city of boca raton is retarded.  You don't make threats unless you can back them up.  They can't do a thing, it is state property.  I think the university should come out with a statement to the effect of "stfu boca raton you are just a bunch of city officials on a power trip, do you realize how much money we pump into the local economy?"
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

The city of boca raton is retarded.  You don't make threats unless you can back them up.  They can't do a thing, it is state property.  I think the university should come out with a statement to the effect of "stfu boca raton you are just a bunch of city officials on a power trip, do you realize how much money we pump into the local economy?"

I mean seriously, you city guys shut down Hooters!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

They do not understand that the only reason many people even know about Boca is because of the university. GARBAGE! why all the trash talk man
Back to the top

Essency said

It should read,

"FAU warns Boca officials to build road additions before stadium is made"

;D

I love it!
Back to the top

"Boca officials warn FAU to wait to build stadium until road additions are made"

The city is full of crap. They are redoing Boca High football field and I know that they won't have as many people at the high school game but it will still be enough to impact traffic. So what is the city going to do about that situation? Nothing, this is city politics period, a pile of bull twenty feet tall.
The whole argument by the city is ridiculous. FAU needs to build the stadium tell city of Boca to deal with it and as far as the shopping plaza with the two story Barnes and Nobles, the city could have stopped it and didn't but they say the university really needed it so it was o.k.. Wrong it was o.k. because most of the people that use it are locals not students that use it. I'm not saying that students don't use it but look around when you go and see the ratio of students to Bocalites and I bet you will find that 70% of the people that shop there are Boca residents.
Back to the top
Control functions: