Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: Recruiting 2009

Add topic

Recruiting: 2009 Commitments - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

FAU (1-1): DB Chase Vergason, 5-11/190, Orlando Bishop Moore

We got one!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Recruiting 2009

SeminOWL2006 said

We got one!

Is that good size for a DB?

a quick google search shows he's also playing baseball…

"Chase Vergason (SS, Bishop Moore HS) has verbally committed to become a member of the Florida Atlantic University baseball program.  Chase has been an intregal part of the Scorpion family since his sophomore year at Bishop Moore.  Congrats to Chase on taking the next step in his baseball career!!"

http://www.eteamz.com/orlandoscorpions/index.cfm

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

SeminOWL2006 said

We got one!

Yes.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Jab979 said

SeminOWL2006 said

We got one!

Yes.

Agree…very good size actually…….
Back to the top

i was looking through all of the recruits from florida on rivals top 250 and we had one guy with interest in us around #234, a lot of tough competition on his list but we were on it

fiu even had a few looks in the top 250 and of course ucf had several
Back to the top

Football: Recruiting 2009

der said

i was looking through all of the recruits from florida on rivals top 250 and we had one guy with interest in us around #234, a lot of tough competition on his list but we were on it

fiu even had a few looks in the top 250 and of course ucf had several

Yeah, UCF is pushing hard for early commitments.

According to Rivals and various web articles, we have some offers out there but I think I mentioned the only significant ones… the RB from Miami and the QB Denard Robinson, who also has like 40 offers from schools in every conference.
Back to the top

I'd rather have a commitment in December that sticks than a commitment now that will be out in the open for all the bigger fish above us to snoop around on and steal away.  You all know that if we are interested in a guy with no stars he becomes a 2 or 3 star, then UCF goes hmm lets go get him and we are SOL.  Keep them close to the vest HS.

Alot of the big programs just get guys to keep them away from other teams, whether they need them or not.  Case in point that running back from Northeast High School that went to UF and just sat there.  I forget his name but we were hoping he would come transfer to FAU but he transfered out to Kansas or K State I think.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I'd rather have a commitment in December that sticks than a commitment now that will be out in the open for all the bigger fish above us to snoop around on and steal away.  You all know that if we are interested in a guy with no stars he becomes a 2 or 3 star, then UCF goes hmm lets go get him and we are SOL.  Keep them close to the vest HS.

Alot of the big programs just get guys to keep them away from other teams, whether they need them or not.  Case in point that running back from Northeast High School that went to UF and just sat there.  I forget his name but we were hoping he would come transfer to FAU but he transfered out to Kansas or K State I think.

Howard doesn't publish the verbal commitments for a reason. If you noticed in the past, come signing day, it looks like FAU only has a few verbals. Then 20+ show up and sign up. Howard doesn't want the names out there for all to see.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Howard doesn't publish the verbal commitments for a reason. If you noticed in the past, come signing day, it looks like FAU only has a few verbals. Then 20+ show up and sign up. Howard doesn't want the names out there for all to see.
Right but that doesn't mean the recruits, coaches, papers and scouts will stop talking. I just don't believe there's this invisible wall that gets placed on a player when we offer.

Even then, someone might commit to FAU and not say anything but if we're looking at him, someone else is probably looking at him too. We seem to offer a large percentage of guys that also get UCF and FIU offers (and vice versa), minus a QB of course. Not considering David Kooi… we went to California for ours, UCF went to New York, FIU went to… did they sign a QB this season? Probably Miami.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

You mean Bo Williams that went to Iowa State…
Back to the top
Control functions: