Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium update?

Add topic

Alright, what's the deal?  Common sense suggests if FAU had any big announcements they would've been made by now to get people excited about football and to buy season tickets.

I'm a little over all the rumors about this bank may be interested or this dentist place is sponsoring that….looking for facts.

I've been out of the loop since moving and everything else, so someone clue me (and others) in.

That 2010 target date is approaching quicker than we realize.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: Stadium update?

Fledgling said

Alright, what's the deal?  Common sense suggests if FAU had any big announcements they would've been made by now to get people excited about football and to buy season tickets.

I'm a little over all the rumors about this bank may be interested or this dentist place is sponsoring that….looking for facts.

I've been out of the loop since moving and everything else, so someone clue me (and others) in.

That 2010 target date is approaching quicker than we realize.

From everything I have read, they have a deadline of Sept. 1 to get this finalized.  Hopefully they'll have some sort of announcement within the next 2 weeks. 
Back to the top

And what if they don't get it finalized?

Back to the top

We're looking at 2011 baby.
Back to the top

Let me start by saying at this time I have NO indside information. At one time I did have a lil scoop, but that turned out to be for the Architect.

However…

Naming rights sponsor, probably not IMHO by sept 1st. As we get closer to date of completeion I think someone will step up.

Contracting bids for developmental rights? Yeah id say that is probably done or close to being done.

Im still hopefull for 2010.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Stadium update?

I have no inside information either, but the plan (the way I understand it) is..
a) Naming rights
b) Development

I think development rights is the way to go. As reported by the PBP and Sentinel, the demand for housing is increasing each year and has reached over a 600 person waiting list for dorms this semester.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I have no inside information either, but the plan (the way I understand it) is..
a) Naming rights
b) Development

I think development rights is the way to go. As reported by the PBP and Sentinel, the demand for housing is increasing each year and has reached over a 600 person waiting list for dorms this semester.

Scott Travis of the Sun-Sentinel wrote a great article talking about that wait list and how it shows that FAU's commuter school image is fading.

The downside is that he, like Kimberly Miller, place the Innovation Village apartments opening in 2010 when we were told the first phase would open next Fall. Still, I have various people say they'll "front load" the development, meaning we could have 1200-1500 beds opening in one year.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

We're looking at 2011 baby.

Nah. We're good on development rights.
Back to the top

I should've prephased my original post, I wasn't trying to knock anyone who mentioned rumors just wanted to start a conversation on what we DO KNOW not what we suspect.

Back to the top

Owlcountry: I was just responding to his question of what if it's not finalized by Sept 1…I know we're good to go and we'll be sitting pretty in our new digs for Mich St. to start the 2010 season.

And you're right on about developmental rights…though I'd have preferred a big sponsorship just doesn't look like it's gonna happen so we'll take it however we can get it.
Back to the top
Control functions: