Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium update?

Add topic

Re: Stadium update?

Can't offer any details and don't have much to add, BUT from what I am hearings things do look good to get things started in October, do not know if that means dirt being moved around or pledges that have been made being called on.  Most of the pledges are to be paid over a defined termed ( something like a five year deal).  If everything does go as planned then '10 is still a go.

There have been multiple pledges made - no sure if a BIG donor for naming right as of yet, but IMO if they have enough to this thing started then I would imagine that once something more concrete develops (actual dirt being tossed around, it will be easier to attract the BIGGER donors for naming rights) that we seek.  Until then some do see it as still being a pipe dream & vision, IMHO.

Back to the top

Stadium update?

Any update on the Boca city council and fitting the stadium into the comprehensive plan and blah blah blah?
Back to the top

Bytor said

……Until then some do see it as still being a pipe dream & vision, IMHO.

And until then we won't fill Lockhart every game. It's obvious people want to know what the future holds and no one really loves to go to Lockhart, but would go if there was a light at the end of the tunnel that we were moving to bigger and better things by 2010.  But, we can't even confirm that.

Really bothers me!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

The said

Any update on the Boca city council and fitting the stadium into the comprehensive plan and blah blah blah?

My guess is that it's getting done and some conssessions will be made.

Fledgling said

Bytor said

And until then we won't fill Lockhart every game. It's obvious people want to know what the future holds and no one really loves to go to Lockhart, but would go if there was a light at the end of the tunnel that we were moving to bigger and better things by 2010.  But, we can't even confirm that.ti

Really bothers me!

There is a larger contingent of people that would buy season tickets if we played on campus, but won't as long as we play at Lockhart ( some do have families & would be a convenience thing for them).

Now, pledges have been made & will have to be made good soon which I believe will fall between now & end of Sept..  The problems with confirming any info. is that everyone that know anything are being tight-lipped about details, and I don't blame them - this is a major deal.  Everyone involved knows about the importance of the on-campus stadium and have been working hard to get it done.

The window is starting to shrink if we are going to open in '10, which is still the target date that everyone involved is working with.

Back to the top

The good thing is they build these things fast, less than a year for Brighthouse

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Bytor said

The said

Fledgling said

Bytor said

And until then we won't fill Lockhart every game. It's obvious people want to know what the future holds and no one really loves to go to Lockhart, but would go if there was a light at the end of the tunnel that we were moving to bigger and better things by 2010.  But, we can't even confirm that.ti

Really bothers me!

There is a larger contingent of people that would buy season tickets if we played on campus, but won't as long as we play at Lockhart ( some do have families & would be a convenience thing for them).

Not really important, but something to think about. How many casual fans who live in the Lauderdale area go to the games now because they are in Lockhart and close to home? Will those fans stop going once the games move to Boca?

Don't get me wrong, even if it means losing a few fans from the Lauderdale area, the move to campus is the only way to go.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Bytor said

The said

Fledgling said

Bytor said

Really bothers me!

Not really important, but something to think about. How many casual fans who live in the Lauderdale area go to the games now because they are in Lockhart and close to home? Will those fans stop going once the games move to Boca?

Don't get me wrong, even if it means losing a few fans from the Lauderdale area, the move to campus is the only way to go.

GO OWLS!!!

It can't be many.  Tickets will be a MUCH easier to sell when we are playing on campus and not 20 minutes away.
Back to the top

My point was that I think the casual fans around here wouild be more geeked about football in Boca if they knew there was actually going to be football here in the near future.  Technically, we are told there will be but that's as far as it has gone to this point.

It just would've been nice to have that kind of buzz and talk around South Florida as we kicked off our season ticket campaign.  I know we have a lot of buzz, just won a bowl game, and have all this hype… but we haven't caught front page headlines since the stadium approval and the bowl win.

We need to stay fresh in people's minds.  Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

I know… I have to be patient.

But it's really going to BUG ME IF Lockhart is half full on that tuesday night versus Troy on an ESPN televised game and wonder if there's more FAU could've done to spark interest.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The good thing is they build these things fast, less than a year for Brighthouse

Thats because they didnt have to put water fountains in!  :D
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlfan1 said

Bytor said

The said

Fledgling said

Bytor said

Really bothers me!

GO OWLS!!!

It can't be many.  Tickets will be a MUCH easier to sell when we are playing on campus and not 20 minutes away.

I agree completely. Just wanted to toss that out there as something to think about.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: