Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Look what I found

Add topic

Architectural Design for Phase I of the Innovation Village apartments was awarded to PGAL… the same people who built us HPT and GPT. Phase I would cover the apartments on the northeast side of campus, aka south of PBCC and on top of that Henderson Field parking lot.

Anyway, checked their webpage and found this:

Florida Atlantic University Innovation Village Student Apartments Boca Raton , Florida

Construction Cost: $42 MILLION
Completion Date: 2010
LEED Certification: LEED-NC Silver

PGAL will soon be moving forward with the FAU Innovation Village, a 2,400 bed suite-style campus housing project for upperclassmen in Boca Raton. The project, which includes 60,000 sf of retail and structured parking for 1,500 cars, will sit adjacent to the university’s new NCAA football stadium, also currently underway. The project is a development-design/build project with Crocker Partners, Campus Apartments and Balfour Beatty Construction Company. This all-encompassing green project not only provides an educational opportunity to students but to the surrounding community as well.  Use of local materials, day lighting, gray water irrigation and water-conserving plumbing fixtures as well as low VOC paint, adhesives and carpets all contribute to this powerhouse project.  An active recycling program, access to public transportation, preferred parking for fuel efficient vehicles a well as ample bicycle racks allow for on-going green initiatives and continuing education by the students.

Back to the top

Re: Look what I found

owlcountry said

Architectural Design for Phase I of the Innovation Village apartments was awarded to PGAL… the same people who built us HPT and GPT. Phase I would cover the apartments on the northeast side of campus, aka south of PBCC and on top of that Henderson Field parking lot.

Anyway, checked their webpage and found this:

Florida Atlantic University Innovation Village Student Apartments Boca Raton , Florida

Construction Cost: $42 MILLION
Completion Date: 2010
LEED Certification: LEED-NC Silver

PGAL will soon be moving forward with the FAU Innovation Village, a 2,400 bed suite-style campus housing project for upperclassmen in Boca Raton. The project, which includes 60,000 sf of retail and structured parking for 1,500 cars, will sit adjacent to the university’s new NCAA football stadium, also currently underway. The project is a development-design/build project with Crocker Partners, Campus Apartments and Balfour Beatty Construction Company. This all-encompassing green project not only provides an educational opportunity to students but to the surrounding community as well.  Use of local materials, day lighting, gray water irrigation and water-conserving plumbing fixtures as well as low VOC paint, adhesives and carpets all contribute to this powerhouse project.  An active recycling program, access to public transportation, preferred parking for fuel efficient vehicles a well as ample bicycle racks allow for on-going green initiatives and continuing education by the students.

Did I miss something or did I not read this right, "football stadium, also currently underway"

:o

Back to the top

Bytor said

Did I miss something or did I not read this right, "football stadium, also currently underway"

Inasmuch as FAU is committed to the project by 2010 and has currently hired architects to design it.
Back to the top

This isnt news, it just confirmation of prior reports that naysayers have been relutant to believe.

It is underway…they have been paying architects to do renderings…you dont do renderings on something you arent going to build?

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

This isnt news, it just confirmation of prior reports that naysayers have been relutant to believe.

It is underway…they have been paying architects to do renderings…you dont do renderings on something you arent going to build?

Tell BRCH that…

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Look what I found

Fledgling said

Florida_Owl said

Tell BRCH that…

Ok, official renderings, and blue prints…maybe i should have clarified?

Fledge:

What are you going to do when it's built?  Sit in  the parking lot and say it is a mirage?? ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

Florida_Owl said

Tell BRCH that…

Fledge:

What are you going to do when it's built?  Sit in  the parking lot and say it is a mirage?? ;D

Haha.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

Florida_Owl said

Tell BRCH that…

Fledge:

fledge, nor you, nor I will be on this earth when the stadium is done, so that's a hypothetical question

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

I wish could back in time 5 years and be able to enjoy FAU to the fullest with all these innovations. New dorms, new football stadium, better basketball arena, new track, new alumni center, new wellness recreation center, new science and business bldgs, new roads. I would back to FAU w/o hesitation. Geez!! I love that school!
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

I wish could back in time 5 years and be able to enjoy FAU to the fullest with all these innovations. New dorms, new football stadium, better basketball arena, new track, new alumni center, new wellness recreation center, new science and business bldgs, new roads. I would back to FAU w/o hesitation. Geez!! I love that school!

Huh?  ???

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: