Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New stadium drawings from Ted's blog

Add topic

FAU Sports: Florida Atlantic University Owls football, baseball, basketball, and more | Sun Sentinel blogs

I am not impressed. Those 2 open areas of palm trees and the little beach thing look terrible.
Back to the top

Re: New stadium drawings from Ted's blog

Lago said

FAU Sports: Florida Atlantic University Owls football, baseball, basketball, and more | Sun Sentinel blogs

I am not impressed. Those 2 open areas of palm trees and the little beach thing look terrible.

I think it looks pretty cool.  But then again, bleachers around the track would look good to me at this point.  ;D
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Lago said

I think it looks pretty cool.  But then again, bleachers around the track would look good to me at this point.  ;D

Yeah, the old maxim "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. But how much would it really cost to complete the bowl?
Back to the top

I am just glad to see news of any sort! And if this how we start out, so be it, just get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - Not to bad looking anyway! And a hell of a lot better than Lockhart, I played in that pos in high school in the 70's and watched the Strikers there later, it really is starting to look old (never was nice just passable!)
Back to the top

Lago said

The whole beach/boardwalk thing is a little weird but then again… I don't think I've ever seen that witha football stadium. So it's certainly unique.

I'm glad they didn't eliminte the two endzones as well.

Whatever. At this point I just want them to build it.
Back to the top

Instead of closing out the horseshoe with a set of bleachers, why don't we build a huge sand dune and the sorority girls all get tickets to lay out on the beach during the games in bikinis…we'd be a massive hit! Talk about being able to recruit…"we have a beach at our football stadium, yup, it's November, and people are in bathing suits watching the game." I don't think there is a kid up north that could turn that down when the coach goes to visit with 3 feet of snow on the ground.
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Instead of closing out the horseshoe with a set of bleachers, why don't we build a huge sand dune and the sorority girls all get tickets to lay out on the beach during the games in bikinis…we'd be a massive hit! Talk about being able to recruit…"we have a beach at our football stadium, yup, it's November, and people are in bathing suits watching the game." I don't think there is a kid up north that could turn that down when the coach goes to visit with 3 feet of snow on the ground.

What happens when none of us are actually watching the game?  I am wayyyyy to immature to have tailgating and girls in bikinis at the same event.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Let me just say that the pictures are slightly strange to me, but whatever.  I do really really like the theme of ocean/beach they are trying to have a little bit in these early concept drawings.  Having boardwalks would be cool, then have steel drummers, margaritas and rum runners, some beach volleyball tailgating, and yeh a beach section that would go to sororities would be quite nice as well.

"At the beach, at the game, its all here….ITS OWL TIME"

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

New stadium drawings from Ted's blog

i really like it

actually, a lot

the palm trees INSIDE the stadium parameters are pretty stupid, but as for the stadium itself, i like it a lot

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top
Control functions: