Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Interesting rumor

Add topic

I've heard from a fairly reliable source that the I-95/Spanish River exit, whenever it's completed in the next five years, will be named "Spanish River Blvd./FAU Exit".

I know that's a small thing but you gotta admit that it's pretty cool to have our university's name in an I-95 exit.

FAU's going to have to redo their back entrance so people don't get lost when they pull in to the Research and Development Park and go, "Okay, so… where's the university?"
Back to the top

Re: Interesting rumor

Interesting rumor

Small steps = big changes

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Small steps = big changes

You better believe it.
Back to the top

Here is a rendering of what the I95/Spanish River interchange could look like with the flyover

http://www.i-95boca.com/html/new_fau_interchange.html

My source is telling me that Boca wants to become more pedestrian friendly… that the area with Glades/Boca Bowl/Moe's is going to become a walkable "downtown" type area with 10-story tall buildings and such.

Then over on 441 they're building some sort of upscale Mizner/City Place type of area that will open in 2011. The renderings are here:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.menindevelopment.com/verde3.html

Even though Mizner is basically a waste for us, these kind of developments at least have the potential to make Boca more interesting and net more interest for people to come to FAU…
Back to the top

I wonder, with all the talk of new infrastructure projects to boost the economy, if Boca/FAU could get this interchange financed/built by the government sooner.
Back to the top

That's awesome for FAU. These are the little details that can help the school to grow through the years. Take in consideration that FAU is relatively young and every well established institution has been around for more than 100 years. FAU will continue growing along with Boca Raton. FAU has a great advantage for being in a growing metropolitan area like south florida.
The name of the exit being named after FAU kinda reminds me of I-75 with all those exits indicating UF territory.
Owl country is growing!!!!!!

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top
Control functions: